Sandy Reports?

M
mgdguy
Any reports of new Steelies hooked on the Sandy over the last few days?

A
ArcticAmoeba
When the flow was down around 4 grand, two days ago I went 3 for 5 two fins, and a clipper below Camp Angelos. One fin was a downstream snake hen, but the rest were all fresh bucks, headed up river. Flow is a bit high right now, but I'm sure if you worked for it, you could manage a couple fish for sure.

M
mgdguy
Thanks AA, going to try to throw in this weekend.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Flow, and height are still up, but it is looking fishy by tonight, and tomorrow for sure. Hopefully the fish that pushed up, or in will be settled into holes, and on rocks by tonight, making targeting a bit earier. Good luck man!

M
mgdguy
I took the chance to get out this afternoon for a couple hours, since it's the only chance I'm getting this weekend :rolleyes: You were right AA, the water is still too fast - and murky. Threw my spoon in up and down an upper stretch of the Sandy for about 2 hours. Nothing :(

I'm sure tomorrow will be the day - it's the day I can't get out! :rolleyes:

F
FishKiller23
i was sick but i am now getting better. Might give dodge a try in the morning.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Fish should be settled by then, and there were a few I heard of on private property, at a high water hole a bit below Rev.

F
FishKiller23
Me and youngbuck hit the sandy today along with my girlfriend. We decided to plunk near the railroad bridge next to 84. We didn't catch any thing but snags. But it was all good a nice day and its even better when you get along with your fishing buddy :p.

O
OneMore
Picked up a super sweet little summer fish yesterday at dodoge. Super bright and still had its mightie riders on board. Also saw some action by the hatchry but it was a little crouded so we moved on.

T
The Nothing
made the drove to Oxbow today, found a lil spot, hiked down to the water, watched someone in a drift boat nail some steel right in front of me... Then I realized I left my most needed gear at home. Worked with what I had for an hour or so before getting pissed off enough to call it done.

Y
youngbuck307
The Nothing said:
made the drove to Oxbow today, found a lil spot, hiked down to the water, watched someone in a drift boat nail some steel right in front of me... Then I realized I left my most needed gear at home. Worked with what I had for an hour or so before getting pissed off enough to call it done.
Man I hate when that happens like one of the worse I do it way to often.. left my gear box at oxbow one time too this year :mad: .... my short term memory sucks :D