Sandy River fishing report from Cedar creek

M
mikeee2362
Met up with Moe this morning just downstream from Cedar Creek, we tried our luck to no avail. I did manage to net 2 nice chromers for the guy fishing just upstream from me one was nice, around 10+lbs I'd say. I had a couple takedowns but swung and missed both times...better luck next time.

But the inspiration of the day was Moe!! This is one dedicated fisherman....he rode a train, a bus, and then his bike (with no brakes no less) to get to the Hatchery. Then slogged through all the muck at the bottom of the hill and then forded Cedar Creek...without waders!!! OMG that's an ironman, that water is cold WITH waders, then fished all morning soggy, only to ride back up that hill to catch the bus, and then a train back home... 7 hours of public transpo to try for a steelhead!! Now that's a fisherman!!! Moe you can ride with me anytime!!

K
Kage
I just came back from around that area, all I got to show for it was a boot full of water when i made a miscalculated step trying to cross some water. I heard people were getting bites today but I didn't get a thing. I was the guy carrying a fly rod with a GoPro camera on his head, 2nd day using a fly rod and managed to only snap off one of my flies on the cast :D I saw a young guy riding a bike, had a backpack and two? poles sticking out of em.

J
jesse202505
Nice report! My brother has been bugging me to take him there. Guess I'll be fishing the sandy this weekend.. dam moe really is hardcore! Thats dedication. Good luck to all. Tight lines!

M
mikeee2362
jesse202505 said:
Nice report! My brother has been bugging me to take him there. Guess I'll be fishing the sandy this weekend.. dam moe really is hardcore! Thats dedication. Good luck to all. Tight lines!

You might have some crazy weather this weekend, but it's a great place, you'll love it!!.....:worthy:MOE RULES :worthy:

Irishrover
Irishrover
He road a bike that had no brakes down Teneyck Rd! Wow and at Coleman rd there is one heck of a curve. Amazing.

M
Moe
Thanks for the kind words Mike, it was a real pleasure fishing with you. Definatley a stand up guy. got home about 7:30, saw one other fish landed, probably about six pounds. I was watching the fish ladder before I left and this friggen HUGE buck swam up. There are quite a few real bright fish in the holding pond, it's a shame they don't get recycled.

Regarding the sharp turn; I use that steep driveway right before the turn as sort of a run away truck ramp except for a bike Lol. Good times

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Moe! That's crazy dedication! :yikes: I would do that for my kids, but for a fish?!? Ummm, no. Don't think so. But, I am awestruck. :worthy: :flex: :hi:

M
mikeee2362
I was wondering about that U turn....whew!!!

F
Finz
You should have put Moe on your back and carried him across the creek!
Nothing wrong with a man giving another man a piggy back ride, right?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Moe is a savage!!!

T
troutmasta
Hats OFF to MOE.:hi:

C
ChezJfrey
What a beast, Moe!

I hit the Sandy yesterday and went 2 for 3 all hooked drifting a single, red corky, but I cheated and went with a fish finder ;) I laughed when at the end of the day I was complimented as a good fisherman.

Even though I don't know what you guys look like, I passed by you in a famous blue 'toon in the A.M. I can't say enough good things about Ed, he makes for a good day and the Sandy is no longer my nemesis.

M
mikeee2362
Although I didn't see you , I'm assuming your fish finder was Ed Fast? I've heard nothing but good things about that guy from a lot of different sources.

M
mikeee2362
Finz said:
You should have put Moe on your back and carried him across the creek!
Nothing wrong with a man giving another man a piggy back ride, right?

LOL Heck I woulda laid down and let him walk across my back after he slogged in earlier that morning ...but the dude was not done fishing when I had to go!!

C
ChezJfrey
mikeee2362 said:
Although I didn't see you , I'm assuming your fish finder was Ed Fast? I've heard nothing but good things about that guy from a lot of different sources.

Yep...it has now been proven to me that Ed is the man and the good you hear about him is true for sure. Great guy and great guide.

H
halibuthitman
ChezJfrey said:
What a beast, Moe!

I hit the Sandy yesterday and went 2 for 3 all hooked drifting a single, red corky, but I cheated and went with a fish finder ;) I laughed when at the end of the day I was complimented as a good fisherman.

Even though I don't know what you guys look like, I passed by you in a famous blue 'toon in the A.M. I can't say enough good things about Ed, he makes for a good day and the Sandy is no longer my nemesis.
Ed who? Never heard of him...
;)

M
mikeee2362
ack ack ack ...wink nudge @ HHM

Top Bottom