Sandy R conditions today?

E
eggs
shouldn't be muddy... just high.. a day or 2 after the drop starts it clears up... as long as the rain is gone it will drop another 6-12 inches by tomorrow morning..

1-2 foot visability would be my guess!

B
boberdown
east county rookie and i went yesturday and while we were there river came up a foot or so and it was blown when we got there! river was 11.0 ft when we got there and when we left it was 12 ft. had a couple real nice take downs right off the bank using eggs, it got so windy and hail and everthing elsse we just picked up and decided to go home. any way by fri the river should be in good shape... i will be there if anyone wants to hook up and go or??? i have a nice boat and would love if someone want to go fight the draino zoo and get some chinook???

M
mgdguy
Yea it's raining again, the radar is green, and the forecast calls for showers and T-storms overnight and into the morning. Gonna wait for the weekend :(

E
eggs
yea then your screwed! but think of all the fresh fish for this weekend!

E
eggs
Low snow level..... the river is still on the drop.. It should be in good condition right now through the weekend..

Might have to go out there tonight to get the line wet!

E
eggs
Didn't make it to the water but got some good reports at the steelheaders meeting! I will be on the water from 3:45 til dark tomorrow and 5 til dark Friday!

ohh and the river keeps dropping.. should be sub 10.5 tomorrow.. will be a good 9.5 come Saturday = perfect!

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
eggs said:
Didn't make it to the water but got some good reports at the steelheaders meeting! I will be on the water from 3:45 til dark tomorrow and 5 til dark Friday!

ohh and the river keeps dropping.. should be sub 10.5 tomorrow.. will be a good 9.5 come Saturday = perfect!

Good luck!!

Oh and I prefer 10.5 on the Sandy right now, especially to get the springers holding ;)

E
eggs
It was 10.5ish last night.. perfect water not to clear about 3 feet vis.. missed a takedown but know it was due to half of a brand new coon shrimp bit in half.. river should be solid all weekend!

M
mgdguy
:D

B
boberdown
heading to marmont right now!!!!! u want to go??? let u know how it was.... tony 503-328-9507 15 min window before i leave to go smoke em!! lol

M
mgdguy
boberdown said:
heading to marmont right now!!!!! u want to go??? let u know how it was.... tony 503-328-9507 15 min window before i leave to go smoke em!! lol

Stuck at work :(

M
mgdguy
SKUNKED today :(

E
eggs
Weak... try harder!

B
bigdog
boberdown said:
east county rookie and i went yesturday and while we were there river came up a foot or so and it was blown when we got there! river was 11.0 ft when we got there and when we left it was 12 ft. had a couple real nice take downs right off the bank using eggs, it got so windy and hail and everthing elsse we just picked up and decided to go home. any way by fri the river should be in good shape... i will be there if anyone wants to hook up and go or??? i have a nice boat and would love if someone want to go fight the draino zoo and get some chinook???

Dang wish I would have seen this before, would more then love to go look for some nooks in a boat. Banking gets old after a while not saying I don't like banking it but always watching all the boats land fish after fish is killing me here lol.

CJ

M
mgdguy
Got out for a couple hours before work today. Some good takedowns, and one 5-6lb hatch that jumped and fought well, only to have the hook pop out at the bank before I could get a hand on her. Still a great way to start the week!

E
eggs
awesome.. I am headed down there tonight.. and the next night and the next night and the next night .. well you get the picture!

good to hear you left me a fish to catch tonight!

M
mgdguy
eggs said:
good to hear you left me a fish to catch tonight!

Enjoy! I would be more heartbroken if my little bro hadn't caught a 13lb keeper there over the weekend. I have good smoked steel in the fridge today already :)

B
bigdog
mgdguy said:
I have good smoked steel in the fridge today already :)
I want some of that smoked fish.