Sandy or Clack in June?

D
deadnbrkn84
I was going to head out this weekend and introduce my girlfriend to steelhead fishing. I haven't done much in the way of Springers around here and was trying to decide if the Sandy (heading in around Oxbow) or the Clack (heading in around Carver) would yield possible better results. If anyone has any advice at all on what to use or where to go this time of year that would be great. I was thinking about doing some bobber fishing with cookies and yarn or throwing some spinners or cleo's etc. She's never caught anything bigger then a trout and I know it would blow her mind. Thanks so much in advance

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
What type of cookies, do they like? Ha ha ha.

Can't go wrong, with Little Cleo's. Beyond that, I'll defer to those who know them thar streams. Good luck.

P
Pni_fisherdude
Both of those rivers have fish in them. I also believe both parks you mentioned are on the sandy. Either way both rivers are good options.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

J
Jordy
Sandy should be fishing great. Lower water temp and a little bit of color. Its in the sweet spot still temp-wise.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

W
WILD BILL
Oxbow Park is great, especially for buggy whippin. You should definitely find some steelhead there.

D
deadnbrkn84
WILD BILL said:
Oxbow Park is great, especially for buggy whippin. You should definitely find some steelhead there.

Sorry I meant Carver not Dodge! (I will change the original post)

Well I appreciate the info, I will go with my original plan which was to go to Oxbow. If any methods have been working and anyone is willing to share that would be fantastic. I would LOVE to put her on a fish and I don't have a shortage of gear and I'm not afraid to buy anything I need to. Thank you all for the responses I really appreciate it!

D
DrTheopolis
My experience with the Clack in the last few weeks has been that it's loaded with fish. It's also very clear. Tough fishing during the middle of the day if the sun is out. Early/late, or when it's overcast has been good fishing.

Y
YoungWig
lets slam some under water meat rats soon wild bill!