Sandy Coho's make front page!

A
Anyfishisfine
**grumbles, kicks a can, and walks out of the room.....

T
Troutier Bassier
Hey, At least there giving to the food bank.

F
FishSchooler
That's thousands and thousands of cohos that have not laid eggs. And thats hundreds of thousands of smolts not put into the river.

M
mgdguy
FishSchooler said:
That's thousands and thousands of cohos that have not laid eggs. And thats hundreds of thousands of smolts not put into the river.

We don't seem to have a problem with hatchery Coho survival...!

B
BobberDown
FishSchooler said:

they have gottin over 6000 fish in the last week alone the hatckeryworkers told me they are doing good i think giveing some food to the homless insted of leting go to wast is a good thing

B
bigfootfish
Coho in Siberia

Coho in Siberia

I know you're wondering what has this got to do with this? I was reading about the Artic Char, Rainbows, Dolly Vardons, Coho, Chinook and other fish in the rivers in Kamchakta and Siberia. All pure strain, wild as the nearest hatcheries are very far away. Some of the guide services over there claim that Alaska ain't got nothing on them. Good reading. Lots of pics. Googled the info.

BFF

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats why I want to go to Siberia.
Imagina 52" Trout! TAIMEN! And the Chinook there must be like super huge!

M
Mike123
Yuck.. I feel sorry for the people who order the "salmon" on the menu at the food bank. :lol:

M
metalmania
Mike123 said:
Yuck.. I feel sorry for the people who order the "salmon" on the menu at the food bank. :lol:

:lol:That's what I was thinking too.

T
Troutier Bassier
:lol: Good point. Thats why I usually dont eat salmon from resteraunts and stuff. I dont know if its a cedar creek fish. :lol:

B
bigdog
I think it is a good thing they are doing and for the numbers to be that high and hearing that they are still getting them at the mouth well hell they are going to need to do something with them.

TB I really don't think you need to worry about ordering fish at a resteraunt, I'm pretty sure they don't get thier fish from the food bank.

T
Troutier Bassier
You never Know... ;)

J
jeffcycles
Troutier Bassier said:
You never Know... ;)

But I'd bet you probably eat from McDonalds.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nope. Its nasty there. Only carp bait.
Burgerking.......

Now, Back on subject.

O
OnTheFly
FishSchooler said:

I would think the hatchery would collect enough eggs for the next round. :think:

H
Hook
Mike123 said:

If your hungary you will truly appreciate any kind of free food that is safe to eat. OFB does a lot for the state and beyond.

A
Anyfishisfine
Any food is good food if you are hungry.

I
I Grade
Big up to feeding the needy! My first salmon I caught went to a homeless shelter in Portland because it is a Native American tradition that the fishing initiate must give away his first salmon to those who need it more than him. Kind of a karmic tithing. I am not of American Indian blood, but they were here before me and I felt it was appropriate to honor their tradition. I respect the hatchery for doing that.

I Grade

M
metalfisher76
i grade said:
big up to feeding the needy! My first salmon i caught went to a homeless shelter in portland because it is a native american tradition that the fishing initiate must give away his first salmon to those who need it more than him. Kind of a karmic tithing. I am not of american indian blood, but they were here before me and i felt it was appropriate to honor their tradition. I respect the hatchery for doing that.

I grade

absolutely!