Sandshrimp- colored or not 4 steel

N
nimzrock
Its been 20+ years folks so bare with the old timer/rookie question. Adam and I are hitting the lower molalla tomorrow and I want to go get some sandys tonight . Bimart has regular, pink and orange , help me here . Are they cured to help with different water color ? I am very excited for tomorrow and just want to be ready. Thanx for your help - Nimz :cool:

P.S. We are planning on running our toons down the molalla next weekend, maybe wagonwheel to knights, might be fun to dust yours off and join in the quest for chrome.

F
Fishtopher
Ive never tried dyed Sandshrimp, but have always done fine using the plain ol' dogs.

Legend has it, if yer lookin' fer hens, pinch OFF the claws...leave 'em on, and you'll be catchin' bucks.

Might be just a myth, and Im sure that guys that fish enough have busted it, but it holds true as I fish 'em.:)

N
nimzrock
To correct my own thread , yes it helps to keep your river regs correct in the old grey matter :rolleyes:. I wont be buying shrimp tonight as the Mo is closed to bait for now . But I look forward to responses to the original theme on color

B
BobberDown
undyed and nothing but live fresh sandshrimp not broosed eather. steelhead are very finicky bait eaters but if you have good eggs not store boght eather those are not good eggs well with the exepshion of tillamook bait company or ammermans use to be good . that makes store baght sand shrimp the mose naturall and best bait i have sean peaple try dead and cured and deyed sandshrimp and prawns but not but a few of them caught fish . raw prawns are a good choice cured coon shrimp can be deadley i like the red ones from beangleing post my self other than that it is only live sand shrimp for me oh

and on another note wen you look at shand shrimp in the store DO NOTE SHAKE THEM that is what kills them or brooses them do the shops and other fisher man a favore rool a couple with your finger the litle bit of human scent will be gone in minets and it is a lot better than shakeing them . hope this helps Dan

Y
youngbuck307
BobberDown said:
and on another note wen you look at shand shrimp in the store DO NOTE SHAKE THEM that is what kills them or brooses them do the shops and other fisher man a favore rool a couple with your finger the litle bit of human scent will be gone in minets and it is a lot better than shakeing them . hope this helps Dan

:whistle::whistle::redface::redface: yea osmo told me that on one day out on the water i just to be a shaker.... if you dont shake them and change there diaper ever other day or so.... makes them keep for a few days at home then..

F
fishnquest
BobberDown said:

I've never had the problem of trying to keep them for more than one day, but I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

B
BobberDown
ya they wilo keep for up to a week if you get them fresh. after about 2 days i pull them out of the container they come in and tranfer them to a new one and put them on a paper tall with a letlle wood shavings from the box . man covelo i love the hunting bye there
fishnquest said:
I've never had the problem of trying to keep them for more than one day, but I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

F
fishnquest
BobberDown said:
man covelo i love the hunting bye there

Yeah, its the place to be. One month out of the year.:lol:

Top Bottom