Sand Shrimp Eggs...

E
eggs
Would there be a use for collecting the eggs that come when you get sand shrimp) seems like you could make egg sacks or use em somehow for trout...

B
BlackBass
Pretty ambitious :)

M
Mike123
Haha one of my buddy's was thinking the same thing one day while intoxicated. lol.

G
GDBrown
eggs said:
Would there be a use for collecting the eggs that come when you get sand shrimp) seems like you could make egg sacks or use em somehow for trout...

You seem to have the fixation about EGGS! Is there a story here that you are not sharing with us?

GD

E
eggs
Its my nickname..... has to do with breakfast food!

F
fourgotten
Eat 'em.

Seriously.

Soak 'em in brine, rinse 'em, mix 'em into your omelet.

F
Fishtopher
Do you eat them?

B
BlackBass
I was doing a job for a guy , that happens to be a "wild gourmet" chef. He told me he served sand shrimp in his restaraunt. He told me that he would rip the legs off and the pinchers off and then fry them in oil, he told me they were great :) i dont think i will be trying this anytime soon

F
fourgotten
Fishtopher said:
Do you eat them?

Hell, man... I've eaten them, shrimp and all.

They are just estuarine soft-shelled crawfish, after all...

F
fourgotten
BlackBass said:
I was doing a job for a guy , that happens to be a "wild gourmet" chef.

Is that that Lee Gray guy? In person does he seem like a lunatic? Just curious... never had the chance to meet him, but I've seen him on YouTube.

F
Fishtopher
fourgotten said:
Hell, man... I've eaten them, shrimp and all.

They are just estuarine soft-shelled crawfish, after all...

Salty?

Dip'em in somethin'?

F
fourgotten
Fishtopher said:
Salty?

Dip'em in somethin'?

Not really... tasted like... well.. like crawfish, but with a crispy coating (I didn't shell them... just fried them until the shell was crispy).

Unless you were talking about just the eggs... those were similar to lobster coral... if you brined them, though, and drained them well, I expect that they would make an interesting (in a good way) caviar.

E
eggs
I was thinking more fishing not eating lol but wow i learned some stuff today in this thread... yall crazy!

B
BlackBass
Ya thats Lee gray he's you-tube famous :) He eats all kinds of stuff off the rocks picks mushrooms , digs clams, eats sand shrimp :) . He is a very good artist does realy nice peices . excentric to say the least :)

F
fourgotten
He and I have a lot of the same eating habits.. *chuckle* I forage a lot. I'm writing a book about the topic. Research is a blast!