Saltwater Smorgasboard

D
daehleets
Did some more testing on the saltwater side of things. Tippin the swimbaits i had a few more hookups then the norm with the added smell of the bait when targeting the lings. Perch and seatrout not so much unless combined with sandshrimp then they gobbled up the combo. Did find out the cabazon go wild over the stickleback bait. Ended the day with a total of 9 cabazon hooked. Normally 1 cabazon a day is alote where i fish. abbb.jpgabbbbbbbb.jpgabbbbbbbbbbb.jpgabb.jpgabbbbbbbbbb.jpgabbbb.jpgabbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpgabbbbbbb.jpgabbbbbbbbb.jpgabbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

Reactions: chris61182 and Markcanby
S
skunk
That middle fish on the bottom is sweet, love the colors.

Reactions: Markcanby
B
Bass Ackwards
Awesome pics!!

D
Drew9870
(top right below the youngster) That is a Staghorn (I believe Buffalo) Sculpin, I always think they are a Cabezon until I get them reeled up all the way, they hit ANYTHING that moves and they even hang out in the sand. My buddies who spear fish say they have black meat.

I won't touch them.

Last edited:
D
daehleets
Drew9870 said:
(top right below the youngster) That is a Staghorn (I believe Buffalo) Sculpin, I always think they are a Cabezon until I get them reeled up all the way, they hit ANYTHING that moves and they even hang out in the sand. My buddies who spear fish say they have black meat.

I won't touch them.
I see a underling in the top right pic, gots any pics of the staghorns?. Did get a few out in the sand that looked like a large river bullhead. was wondering what those little fellers were. As far as touchin them i see what ya mean cause the horns have a little sting to um it they getcha

D
daehleets
Bass Ackwards said:
Awesome pics!!
same to ya, like the avatar pic

D
daehleets
skunk said:
That middle fish on the bottom is sweet, love the colors.
I do luv the colors on the perch. probably the most colorfull fish i have hooked up with on the oregon coast

T
TTFishon
Looks like your testing paid off. Nice looking fish!

D
daehleets
TTFishon said:
Looks like your testing paid off. Nice looking fish!
Thankxs ttfishon, Your gunna like my next post it has the letters B.A.S.S in it!

T
TTFishon
daehleets said:
Thankxs ttfishon, Your gunna like my next post it has the letters B.A.S.S in it!

Cool. Can't wait to see em. :)