Salmonberry Lake

F
FishinDad
Does anybody have any info about Salmonberry Lake? I've never been. It's on the stocking list for this week, and I'm thinking about taking the boys are there after school. Any luck out there? Tips?

S
susqwahanna
I have never heard of it?

F
FishinDad
It's west of St. Helens off Pittsburgh Road.

D
DannyBoy
Salmonberry Lake

Ya salmonberry is kind of tough to find.. Its really up in the woods offf pittsburg like you said. I dont know if you already went or didn't. but I went last monday, wednesday, and friday. but they didn't stock it at all..

So well try again next week.. :)

Its a real good spot to bring the kids. real nice n secluded.

L
liquidplumber
Last I heard you are supposed to get a permit from city hall.Have you tried Trojan pond ?I heard some friends got couple of nice ones, Left over steelhead.Good luck.

C
cutthroat
i stopped by salmonberry a couple of years ago on my way home from longview and had non stop fishing for stockers in mid may. few fish were being caught from shore but a float tube and a wooly bugger made all the difference as the fish were mainly in the middle of the lake

C
chris61182
I was out at Salmonberry Lake today. The fishing was pretty slow with what little action there was coming on lures, for two hours effort I caught three and saw only two others caught.

I'd say the biggest problem with this lake is that the parking is pretty limited on the access road. Other than that the scenery is beautiful, the lake is clean, and the fish look like they cooperate every now and then.

S
s3iz
anyone know how to get there?

thanks!

Last edited:
S
s3iz
Thanks Chris! This helps. We were almost there.,...

What are your thoughts about the lake?

Seems very tempting to go out and find it again.

Cheers*