Salmon

T

THE JEFF

I got 4 coho and a steelhead this morning all had an extra fin. Yep had great morning but 5 natives.

F

Fishtopher

The mouth of Eagle Creek was packed with people, none catching fish while I was there, but I did see a few fish move up into the creek just before daybreak. Not as many as I figured would've though.

O

osmosis

I landed salmon yesterday, and got to kill them too!
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to include dead fish also.

W

wormosa

I landed salmon yesterday, and got to kill them too!
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to include dead fish also.
hey os
where you fishing? how is the trask i was told to ask you... i have not fished it before and is it crowded?

O

osmosis

I was down in warrenton yesterday.
I've been fishing all over lately. I havent been to the trask in a few weeks now, so not sure whats up right now.
I only fish a couple private property sections that I have access to. I've never seen it crowded because of that, but I can imagine like every other river in oregon that has a salmon or steelhead run there are going to be crowds on the public water.

my experience with the trask is that it is either HOT or NOT, more often NOT for me atleast for chinook. day to day you can fish the same set of tides down low and one day you will get fish and the very next day not a bite.

W

wormosa

I was down in warrenton yesterday.
I've been fishing all over lately. I havent been to the trask in a few weeks now, so not sure whats up right now.
I only fish a couple private property sections that I have access to. I've never seen it crowded because of that, but I can imagine like every other river in oregon that has a salmon or steelhead run there are going to be crowds on the public water.

my experience with the trask is that it is either HOT or NOT, more often NOT for me atleast for chinook. day to day you can fish the same set of tides down low and one day you will get fish and the very next day not a bite.

sounds like the siletz... i hear so much how great the trask is.... was curious.... ty

M

Markcanby

Yes the Trask ended my previous try at salmon. All week teh fishing was great then the night before I got there it rained there was not a fish to be found.
I came home an sold my salmon rod. Now Im SMARTER Im going to fly fish for them.!:rolleyes::rolleyes: