"Salmon seduction"

P
Phil_Bud
Everytime I look at the thread "pretty little nate" I click on the Stickleback Bait Co. Home Page and look at their product "Salmon Seduction" it looks like it would work really well; I want to get it but it's 35 dollors for six pieces? So should I?
Is there anybody who has bought this product? And if so. Are they durable? effective? what do I get when I order it? Is there anywhere else I can get them?
Thanks for any info fish headz.

H
halibuthitman
with the speed a person can go through roe, seems like in the end this stuff could actually be cheaper... and since a steelhead will hit a piece of yarn im sure they would hit this, and as the old saying goes.." you have to pay to play"

T
Throbbit _Shane
I wouldnt buy it, out of my price range. he was offering free samples to OFF members not to long ago, maybe u could ask for a sample before buying one :D

R
RunWithSasquatch
I can't speak on the quality of the product, but I would say $35 for 6 baits for salmon fishing is fairly out of my ball park. Brads right about going through the roe bobbering for chinny's, ive been there. I dont think there is much that really puts out a scent blast like a glob of wet eggs desolving in the water column.....But for a tougher textured bait, I recomend going to Safeway, buying a pound or two of large raw prawns from the deli at $5 dollars a pound, and you get a bait that lasts more casts than your leader will, and one that you can dye and scent to any conglomoration you feel. Ive caught steelhead and chinnys on that stuff, and a lb will last you multiples outings.

M
meluvtrout
They might work or not, but $35 for 6 squids is a lot of squids to swallow!

brandon4455
brandon4455
go catch your own squid and cure em! it will save money

P
Phil_Bud
halibuthitman said:
with the speed a person can go through roe, seems like in the end this stuff could actually be cheaper... and since a steelhead will hit a piece of yarn im sure they would hit this, and as the old saying goes.." you have to pay to play"

Yeah true.

P
Phil_Bud
Throbbit _Shane said:
I wouldnt buy it, out of my price range. he was offering free samples to OFF members not to long ago, maybe u could ask for a sample before buying one :D

Yeah shane, a little out of my price range too. Thanks for the tip on the sample.

P
Phil_Bud
RunWithSasquatch said:
I can't speak on the quality of the product, but I would say $35 for 6 baits for salmon fishing is fairly out of my ball park. Brads right about going through the roe bobbering for chinny's, ive been there. I dont think there is much that really puts out a scent blast like a glob of wet eggs desolving in the water column.....But for a tougher textured bait, I recomend going to Safeway, buying a pound or two of large raw prawns from the deli at $5 dollars a pound, and you get a bait that lasts more casts than your leader will, and one that you can dye and scent to any conglomoration you feel. Ive caught steelhead and chinnys on that stuff, and a lb will last you multiples outings.

Hey thanks for the feedback bud. Ill have to to what you said about the prawns.

P
Phil_Bud
meluvtrout said:
no doubt

troutdude
troutdude
meluvtrout said:

X 2. That's a bit much ($5.83 each)...unless they really knock the fish dead and last a reasonable length of time.

R
RunWithSasquatch
To make a correction, I just read on another thread that it is actually 35 dollars for 6 jars, 6 baits per jar, so basically a buck a bait.

P
plumb2fish
WOW...Even store bought roe is cheaper than a $1 per bait.....Herring are $.75 or less....Squid is pretty cheap at an Asian market and so is brine for that matter...make your own.....

troutdude
troutdude
plumb2fish said:
WOW...Even store bought roe is cheaper than a $1 per bait.....Herring are $.75 or less....Squid is pretty cheap at an Asian market and so is brine for that matter...make your own.....

But, if each "bait" lasts longer then it IS cheaper than roe. Plus, if those baits do stay on your hook longer...you will CATCH more fish because you are not stopping repeatedly to re-bait like you would w/ roe. Wouldn't those be good reasons, to consider those baits? I am.

R
RunWithSasquatch
No doubt, it will stay on the hook for a long time, same as shrimp and prawns, but will definalty have a different scent profile than eggs, I dont think much compares to the mass of scent that comes off eggs. Thus so, when I fish those deli prawns I have mentioned, I change them out quite a bit, every ten casts or so because I feel that the scent has gotten weak, and want to replenish that scent package.... I would assume a tough bait like squid would also loose its scent after a long soak, and a buck every time you changed it out (ie 10 casts) could get spendy.... Who knows, I havent heard of anyone actually using them except for the stickleback dood him self. It would be a good report to get from a second hand.

troutdude
troutdude
Good points Sasquatch. Anyone have any "consumer report" field tests to tell us about?