Salmon rods

Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
What are your favorite salmon steelhead rods? I am in the market for one right now.

jamisonace
jamisonace
What kind of fishing? A plug rod is much different than a bobber rod.

In general I fish inexpensive rods. I have many of Buzz Ramsey's Berkely Air series and like them. However, they have been discontinued. So now I use Lamiglas x-11 for plugging, Cascade Pro for back bouncing, and all my other rods are still Berkely Airs for side drifting and bobber fishing.

If you want more expensive someone else will have to chime in but I have a good friend who has started using Stryker and loves them.

Last edited:
Reactions: O. mykiss and Admin
brandon4455
brandon4455
How do you like to fish?
Float fishing?
Lures?
Twitching?
Drift fishing?
+2 on Stryker rods

I also am a big fan of hellbent rods (custom rods)

Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
I’m a big fan of twitching and float fishing

Diehard
Diehard
Okuma guide select pro many different models float fishing ,mooching twitching or plug rods lamiglass redline many nice float rod and light shimano clarus many different actions same as the okuma guide select pro shimano clarus being the cheapest option good luck

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Okuma SST love them, and they are not real expensive.

Reactions: Fishnbuck
brandon4455
brandon4455
Trout Slayer_7 said:
Two. Very different techniques, it would be wise to have two rods IMO, but if you’re on a budget it’s hard.

A rod for twitching/lures and a rod for float fishing.

Grant22
Grant22
Trout Slayer_7 said:
x2 for the guide select pro line from Okuma, lots of different options to fit what you want to do and good quality. I do like my Buzz Ramsey rod but like said above, they have been discontinued.

Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Ended up buying a okuma celio in 9’ 9”and a medium action and a shimano Clarus in 10’ 6” so I think I’m set For now

Reactions: Admin