Salmon River

Y
youngbuck307
LOL I love the idea on cookies for taking someone fishing... only time till I will get a offer like that... kodiac your a lucky lucky man!!!

K
Kodiak
Shadelady said:
its all about learning and teaching and sharing- Seaseme Street all over again. i CAN do cookies, i want to be able to CATCH... so whoever, whatever help i can get- and i am a firm believer in repaying. so cookies are my thing. LOL!

I'm thinking tuesday...would you mind if a couple other people came along? Autofisher is my Jedi training class, and its on Fishtopher's bucket list. I'm sure raincatcher might be along as well.

S
Shadelady
more is merrier- just let me know when and where! and seriously- if you tell me what cookies you like i will really really make them. :D

K
Kodiak
Shadelady said:
more is merrier- just let me know when and where! and seriously- if you tell me what cookies you like i will really really make them. :D

cookies are completely unnesicary....But chocolate chip are my favorites!

R
rainman
Kodiak said:
cookies are completely unnesicary....But chocolate chip are my favorites!

I second this statement !!!! And a tall glass of cold milk is NOT optional! Dunking of aforementioned cookie in milk IS a requirement.

Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe (recipe on Nestles choco chip morsel package):
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 1 cup chopped nuts

P
plucas
I will most likely be fishing at the Salmon tomorrow in the early am. Was thinking the Nestucca but I am bank fishing and would like to be in tidewater and from what I have been told there is not much access. Need to figure out the tide situations I guess. Is it best to fish during slack tide? I was also thinking of fishing Cape Meares Lake when I arrive tonight, around dusk. Have any of you guys had any luck fishing their?

K
Kodiak
plucas said:
I will most likely be fishing at the Salmon tomorrow in the early am. Was thinking the Nestucca but I am bank fishing and would like to be in tidewater and from what I have been told there is not much access. Need to figure out the tide situations I guess. Is it best to fish during slack tide? I was also thinking of fishing Cape Meares Lake when I arrive tonight, around dusk. Have any of you guys had any luck fishing their?

I fish the first three hours of daylight, don't matter what the tide is doing, then I go a huntin' for em. If I know an area has a bunch of fish in it, or they will be moving through it, I go back at high tide switch...and I mean as soon as it starts to change from low slack , and pummel it. It becomes 6 hrs of fish killin...well hopefully. Fishing the falling tide can be tough but it can be done. the trick to fishing low slack is to find the pockets of undisturbed fish and pull the "Annoying house fly" tactic. Cast, and cast and cast and cast and cast and cast until whatever you are throwing gets crushed like a beer can at a biker bar.

P
plucas
Awesome, thanks for the quick response Kodiak. I am heading over in just a few minutes. That was great information, much appreciated. "Crushed like a beer can at a biker bar", nice touch. I may have to add that to my vocabulary:) Thanks again, I'll post info about the trip when I get back.

Cheers, get the beers in.
Paul

K
Kodiak
plucas said:
Awesome, thanks for the quick response Kodiak. I am heading over in just a few minutes. That was great information, much appreciated. "Crushed like a beer can at a biker bar", nice touch. I may have to add that to my vocabulary:) Thanks again, I'll post info about the trip when I get back.

Cheers, get the beers in.
Paul

Wait for the PM

P
plucas
Thanks a mill Kodiak. Not sure if you got PM back, as I have not submitted one before. I'll have to buy you some beers sometime in the near future:)

R
rainman
A buddy and I are headed for the Salmon tomorrow, will be there be there by first light. Is there anywhere to fish the Salmon where there isn't a ton of people already there ?? i know it's a stupid question, but any advice on where to fish the Salmon would be sweet.

A
autofisher
rainman said:
A buddy and I are headed for the Salmon tomorrow, will be there be there by first light. Is there anywhere to fish the Salmon where there isn't a ton of people already there ?? i know it's a stupid question, but any advice on where to fish the Salmon would be sweet.

On a weekend, you're looking at some company no matter what. Your best best if you want to get away from the crowds for the most part is to get there EARLY. If it's still too crowded for your taste, then be prepared to get wet and start huntin the fish. Just depends on what part you're hittin.

K
Kodiak
autofisher said:
On a weekend, you're looking at some company no matter what. Your best best if you want to get away from the crowds for the most part is to get there EARLY. If it's still too crowded for your taste, then be prepared to get wet and start huntin the fish. Just depends on what part you're hittin.

My project is comming along nicely....I'm so proud...Good advice for that river autofisher...not a place to be gargoyle:cool:

A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
My project is comming along nicely....I'm so proud...Good advice for that river autofisher...not a place to be gargoyle:cool:

:redface:AWWWW Shucks! I do what I can. I'm ready to get wet and get some fish. And I got a special surprise. The homework project is almost done. :D

F
FreshMoneyFisher
Do a good amount of fish make it up past the hatchery on the Salmon River?

A
autofisher
Yeah. There's a decent amount that do make up up past the hatchery. I don't know if they've already started blowin past the hatchery, but there's fish in pools here and there.

V
VagrantAngler
Just got In to Newport and thinking Tuesday is going to be the best( for the new wife and me) fishing day. Unsure if
the best bet would be the Salmon or the Alsea. Got some good advice from Kodiak about the Alsea bay, but thinking we'd rather be walking around not in a boat. Less of a chance of me killing us on the honeymoon if we are on foot ;)

S
Shadelady
went out for a few hours today- 9am to about 12; only one bite witnessed. and it was lost quickly. LOTS of people, not a lot of manners. i alternately tried corkies and sanshrimp.

am looking foward to seeing how its done!!

R
rainman
I didn't get to go, was busy replacing the clutch in my Ranger, but my buddy did, he said they fished until 3, no fish, no jumpers, NADA.

V
VagrantAngler
Did a little recon this morning and saw quite a few jumpers. I'll be there tomorrow in the am.