Salmon River

W
wormosa
on the salmon?

S
Shadelady
Kodiak, where were you at and what were you using?

K
Kodiak
Wormosa...yes on the salmon...landed 10 Coho, handed 7 others and lost one decent chrome nook.

Shadylady...PM Sent.

R
rainman
OK, I've decided that enough is enough. So far I've been skunked on the Salmon. 4 trips with nuttin to show for it. So tomorrow is the first of 3 days in a row. Do or die.
If I come up empty handed after 3 in a row, then I will drive away and not look back. lol
I do plan on getting a few TCO spinners, if so then I'll give it a few more shots there. lol

A
autofisher
rainman said:
OK, I've decided that enough is enough. So far I've been skunked on the Salmon. 4 trips with nuttin to show for it. So tomorrow is the first of 3 days in a row. Do or die.
If I come up empty handed after 3 in a row, then I will drive away and not look back. lol
I do plan on getting a few TCO spinners, if so then I'll give it a few more shots there. lol

Don't feel bad. That river has whooped my tail up one side and down the other. The good news is, that with this rain, there should be fish loadin up the river. Bad news is, they've been shootin up to the hatchery at night.
Best bet is the 101 at first light and then start workin your way up. I've seen a couple pulled out of the barn hole off of bobber and eggs, or bobber and sand shrimp, or both. Most of the ones I've seen taken off of a spinner, have been red. White/red, brass/red, all white. Corkies (the local tactic) have been the glow in the darks, yellow, and chartreuse. That gets a little boring though.

R
rainman
autofisher said:
Don't feel bad. That river has whooped my tail up one side and down the other. The good news is, that with this rain, there should be fish loadin up the river. Bad news is, they've been shootin up to the hatchery at night.
Best bet is the 101 at first light and then start workin your way up. I've seen a couple pulled out of the barn hole off of bobber and eggs, or bobber and sand shrimp, or both. Most of the ones I've seen taken off of a spinner, have been red. White/red, brass/red, all white. Corkies (the local tactic) have been the glow in the darks, yellow, and chartreuse. That gets a little boring though.

I have have of the above except sand shrimp, and will follow the advice given. Will file a report upon my return.
Thanks guys. :D

R
rainman
Kodiak said:
This time of year go by the rain. fish when the river level is falling...hit 11 yesterday.:dance:

Where does a person find out the current level ?? I can't seem to find the Salmon listed on the usual sites I use for water levels.

A
autofisher
If you can get up to the Bi-mart in Lincoln City, or any of the other shops out there, you can pick up a tidal chart. Usually hit up the 101 when tide is comin in to right after it starts goin out. After that start headin up river

G
GreenDrifter
has anyone seen the river? im heading down tonight but dont want to show up to a muddy river.

R
rainman
The water looks pretty decent to me.
I had the 101 bridge all to myself this morning. no fisherman and no fish. Nothing rolling or jumping. NADA.
I gave it 2 hours, then headed out.

W
wormosa
autofisher said:
If you can get up to the Bi-mart in Lincoln City, or any of the other shops out there, you can pick up a tidal chart. Usually hit up the 101 when tide is comin in to right after it starts goin out. After that start headin up river
hey auto i found it online as well, just to let peeps know

G
GreenDrifter
we got 1 yesterday let her go cause she was pretty dark. I did see a lot of dark hens being kept made me sick! and people wonder why there are no fish left in what used to be a premo nook river...

S
Shadelady
went yesterday and looked at red bridge- only one guy there. left there and went down river about 1.5 miles and fished for a few hours. i didn't get anything but a couple guys were about 20 yards from me got one that wasn't bad looking at all- a little dark on top but not black black. they were using bobber with sandshrimp and eggs.

F
Fisherman.Z.
Went out yesterday, saw a few guys carrying fish, saw 2 guys snagging a lot of fish.. (lucky them, i saw they released them. otherwise id be on the phone....)

i just want to konw what to use for baitt. what color yarn, corkies.. etc.
thanks guys. PM if you want to lemme know a secret?

M
master-baiter
not really a secret. I used to use a couple of corkies and cover the hook with a couple eggs.