Salmon river steelhead here we come..in another week LOL

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, a fellow OFFer has invited to take me fishing and i thank him very much. since he is a bit newer to salmon and steelhead then i am hoping to share some tips etc . from what ive seen the past few years a few bright chinook come in after the big group of coho and chinook short behind them ive hooked steelhead as early as late october usually after a storm.. during a rainy month. hoping to catch a steelhead maybe a late salmon this won't be till next week but im really excited we will have a report..just really happy finally get back on the water it's been so long..and what better way to do it then on my favorite river :D ill be testin my steelhead stalkers jigs ,yarn balls,spinners and some pretty cool looking jigs i think dave made.
if i manage to catch my first winter i dedicate the fish to jim (onthefly) who is in the hospital atm and is one of the many people who contributed tips to help beter my knowledge get well soon jim!! :(

brandon

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
I wish you and your fishing buddy all the best. May you both tag n' bag some nice chrome!

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
I wish you and your fishing buddy all the best. May you both tag n' bag some nice chrome!

thanks buddy,and if i nab a hatchery fish. expect some smoked salmon or steel coming your way if i can get it to you ;)

troutdude
troutdude
Holy cow buddy! I'll pilot my shuttle craft to the far side of the Delta Quadrant, and battle the Borg, for some o' dat!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Holy cow buddy! I'll pilot my shuttle craft to the far side of the Delta Quadrant, and battle the Borg, for some o' dat!!!

hahaha. i'm sure i could meet halfway at monmouth. i need to go to bi mart to look at their fly selections anyways :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
i am also planning on going back an trying the flies that mr. hitman is sending me when the season gets kicked into gear on the upper river. a good place to learn because its a place i know well ;) also,i have a mentor to teach me, mr.bigsteel

S
Spydeyrch
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal!!! Good luck and make sure you bring back a report and some photos if you happen to get into some fish!

Oh, and I bet that that OFFer is pretty grateful that you are going to show him the ropes. I know I would be!!! Good luck and tight lines!! :)

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks!! :D