Salmon Crk put-n-take rainbows are in...

R
rainbowbear
caught 2 today, on wedding rings, below the falls. they were fickle fish.

T
TTFishon
It's been at least 25 years since I've fished Salmon Creek. BTW, welcome to the forum.

F
Fisher.King
There was a flood awhile back and the entire creek got washed out for about 10 feet up the bank. So to 'fix' the creek, fist sized rocks were added to most of the creek. No good holes anymore, at least not as good as they used to be. That swimming hole just above the fish hatchery road bridge was even filled in to wading depth. :protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

T
TTFishon
That sucks

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome aboard..

Welcome aboard..

Welcome to the site, great first post... I love that place, my son and I do a contest every year - Fly angling -vs- bait. I prefer the section above the falls myself, this is one place that the old saying is very true "the further from the road the larger the fish". Again welcome to OFF.

Chuck

R
rainbowbear
yeah i live IN the fish hatchery, so, i guess when in Rome......we moved farther away from the steelhead and salmon :( closer to bike Mecca.

R
rainbowbear
yet i fish Salmon Crk. Thanks Army Corps!

F
Fisher.King
Know Dawn and Mike Kinyon? Dawn's my Aunt :3 I stay on their property just above the fish hatchery all the time in the summer, maybe we could meet for a day fish sometime this summer while I'm camping there if you'd like.