Salmon Creek, Washington State

G
GerbilManBoa
Has anyone had any luck at Salmon Creek?

G
GerbilManBoa
Has anyone had any luck at Salmon Creek RECENTLY?

O
OutdoorsTeen
No.

H
halibuthitman
yes, the springers are in there thick right now, averaging 2 fish an hour with an average weight of 33 lbs.. crawdad rapalas have been the ticket, and fishing for sturgeon is heating up up by the hatchery... red meal worms have been the ticket behind a ford fender trolled dead slow- Good luck-

T
Troutier Bassier
halibuthitman said:
yes, the springers are in there thick right now, averaging 2 fish an hour with an average weight of 33 lbs.. crawdad rapalas have been the ticket, and fishing for sturgeon is heating up up by the hatchery... red meal worms have been the ticket behind a ford fender trolled dead slow- Good luck-

Yeah I caught a 50" shaker up by the hatchery hole not too long ago on a blue UV roostertail.. they love 'em.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
Yeah I caught a 50" shaker up by the hatchery hole not too long ago on a blue UV roostertail.. they love 'em.
hey silly sturg feed of smell don't they? and I hate that 64 inch rule on that river... sucks

C
capblack
halibuthitman said:

:lol::lol::lol: i almost peed :lol::lol::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
smell? i thought they were sight feeders.. must have them confused with catfish or something... oh well

B
beaverfan
Have the Coho started showing up yet? I'm kinda anxious!

brandon4455
brandon4455
yo guys crack me up :lol: but somthing funny about spinner type lures and sturgeon. ive seen poeple catch sturgeon while salmon fishing at the mouth of boneville dam and off the islands at the dam. (with spin glos and no bait) pretty weird eh? i asked someone from the hatchery and they said it happens a lot during springer season.

G
GerbilManBoa
I thought Sturgeon had bad eye sight. Do they? Or is that just a fishing rumor I've heard.

T
Troutier Bassier
They have one of the best, next to muskellunge.

G
GerbilManBoa
Troutier Bassier said:
They have one of the best, next to muskellunge.

Obviously ewhat I heard was a Rumor then.