Salmon at Cascade Locks?

T
Troutier Bassier
I will be going to Cascade locks for some Salmon and Shad action soon. Has anyone ever fished here? I never have but I hooked a salmon or steelhead or somthing there I dunno It got off but it definetly wasn't a shad.

Another thing.
Will a Salmon hit a Spinner that is spinning but not moving?

K
Kodiak
yes...but only if they are inedible.

B
Bfishin
Troutier Bassier said:
I will be going to Cascade locks for some Salmon and Shad action soon. Has anyone ever fished here? I never have but I hooked a salmon or steelhead or somthing there I dunno It got off but it definetly wasn't a shad.

Another thing.
Just curious...So what exactly IS your fishing level? How does one rate their fishing level on a number scale?

T
Troutier Bassier
I dont know, I guess its the fraction of your catch rate for a certain species

F
FishSchooler
Bfishin said:
Just curious...So what exactly IS your fishing level? How does one rate their fishing level on a number scale?

psst... he plays runescape... :rolleyes::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Hey,
Runescape Wont kill anyone. Its just a Game

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
psst... he plays runescape... :rolleyes::lol:

Schooler thats low....My daughter loves that game

H
Hook
I remembering fishing the locks with my father. I think around 30 to 50 people along the wall could be more or less i was young back then. I do remember using 32oz cannon balls with 3 spinners. We caught a lot of fish. It has been so long does this fishery still open?

T
Troutier Bassier
Yah its still open. It opend today for Salmon

T
Troutier Bassier
Kodiak said:
Pshht,
I can Pown every Runescape Noob with my Full Rune G And Rune Scimmy.

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:
Pshht,
I can Pown every Runescape Noob with my Full Rune G And Rune Scimmy.

My daughter is three homey....I got odds on money she can roll you on the game and at the river. :lol::lol: jist playin...try green spinners with a blue tip was hot last year, I'd try pink too!

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:

Hey, I always respect girls. :lol:

when I was playing like two years ago, I was level 38 or something with 60+ mining, 50+ smithing, 50+ fishing/cooking, 40+ Runecrafting... and a pure mage. Over 500k in the bank and 2k + runes of every kind in the bank and 600+ lobsters and swordfish... just got really boring. So I left it there forever

T
Troutier Bassier
Can I have your Account?

ANd on the salmon update im not going salmon fishing cause my main Salmon friend is gone so Im on my own. in 3 Weeks I would be able to go again.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:

Another thing.

I have hooked 5 or 6 kings in a day at bonneville fishing shad, nooks are a lot easier to catch in the fast moving turbulent enviroment... less time to decide to hit or not, so a bait, lure or fly that seems to be holding will get slammed, something that is much less likely to happen in pocket water or a slow run.

F
FishSchooler
T
Troutier Bassier
Oh. IM playing Right now.
XD
I just do it to pass time so I dont have to wash the house before I go fihsing

T
Troutier Bassier
halibuthitman said:
I have hooked 5 or 6 kings in a day at bonneville fishing shad, nooks are a lot easier to catch in the fast moving turbulent enviroment... less time to decide to hit or not, so a bait, lure or fly that seems to be holding will get slammed, something that is much less likely to happen in pocket water or a slow run.

Thank you a lot. THis gave me a lot of confidence.

I will just be using a Green spinner with a Dark green dot with a plug cut herring.

T
Troutier Bassier
OH and Btw.
Have any of you guys hooked salmon on the eddys at cascade locks? Cause I know there should be some there.

H
halibuthitman
halibuthitman said:
I was just talking to my buddy, and he pointed out that 4 was the most nooks we ever hooked by accident up there.... 5-6 was a fish story I guess, but hey, 4 is pretty dang good? good luck fishin-

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I went to Cascade Locks and I saw some Salmon Fishers, They had Sturgeon rods With Braided on them. There rigs were Spin n glos (I think) With Divers. I dident want to talk to them and ask what they were using cause they lookded kinda mean.... Soooooo I might go there for fall chinook or next weeked.