Salmon at Cascade Locks?

F
FishSchooler
Divers from the bank? That's gotta be a mistake... the run is tailing out... barely and nooks, sockeye are leaving (i mean just going further up), and the steelhead havent arrived yet. Fall chinook's in a while, why don't you try a river like the sandy?

T
Troutier Bassier
Uhm...... I...... Well...... You know........
Look over there! A Flying Sturgeon!

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Uhm...... I...... Well...... You know........
Look over there! A Flying Sturgeon!

Flying sturgeon? That's gotta be a mistake too.... :lol::lol::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I was planning on going to Oxbow for the 4th of July but my dad syas theres gonna be a ton of People there swimming, drinking, fighting, the Usuall 4th of July behavior.

But he called his sandy river friend and he said that the steel fishing will pick up next month soooo.
And I dont know what to use If i go there.
Spinners? Drift fish? Bobber Jig?

F
FishSchooler
Spinners right now, unless they water is freezing cold.
There is a really nice run/riffle that goes into a small plunge pool right below oxbow (unless it has changed since that last time I went there), but you kinda need a raft or boat to get to it. Just go out on a floating device (I guess you can swim too... :rolleyes:) raft might be better, and go down, you will see a very sudden speed up around a bend, there will be a tiny little fall (i guess?). Very fun to raft down! Maybe you could try running a spinner or plug right into it from above.

T
Troutier Bassier
I seen places with Fast white water there. Below the Boat launch there is some fast waer and Way below there is a Narrow strip of water and that is really fast and below it theres a pool, gonna try there.

F
FishSchooler
Nevermind, it's in oxbow. Oxbow's bigger than I thought.
It's below the boat launch, yeah.

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh, then I know where it is then, I could just walk down a very steep hill to get there if I wanted. But Spinners right?
I have a ton of Vibrax spinners that go deep. they are in like rainbow trout color. Would they work there? I have cauh trout on them at the salmon river.

F
FishSchooler
Size 2 or 3, maybe 4s, will work. Use darker colors, like black, green, blue, purple, and dark red.

T
Troutier Bassier
Idk, I might as well use 3, Cause I might as well catch trout toooo.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Idk, I might as well use 3, Cause I might as well catch trout toooo.

Theres like no trout there...

T
Troutier Bassier
Yea there, is. My dad told me he used to catch trout there and I saw and talked to a guy who was fishing for trout there sooooooooo :p

F
FishSchooler
Used to catch trout. There's barely any left. Are you sure that the guy fishing for "trout" wasn't fishing for steelhead or salmon and they didn't a tag and/or license? Lots of people do that to get out of trouble.

T
Troutier Bassier
Unless he was fishing for salmon or steels with a ultralight rod and a mepps agilia spinner.

F
FishSchooler
Whats wrong with that? Steelheadstalker uses UL rods for salmon and steelhead. And Mepps are good steelhead lures too. You sure the man wasn't catching smolt either?

T
Troutier Bassier
Im Pretty sure he wasn't cause he said he hadnt caught anything all day. he was fishing at the boat ramp at oxbow and he looked like he knew what he was doing. it probally was cause it was in the colder months.

F
FishSchooler
If someone says he's fishing for trout in your bathtub, would you say there's trout in there?

T
Troutier Bassier
No, I would leave them alone and watch them make a fool of themselves.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
No, I would leave them alone and watch them make a fool of themselves.

Do you get my point though? Just because someone says they're fishing for them, there might not be that kind there.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, I get it. Lol I know what you mean. Trust me. I see it all the time. we all do.