Salmon 2022 Show OFF

DOKF
DOKF
I like the knives. Custom made damascene blade?

jamisonace
jamisonace
DOKF said:
I like the knives. Custom made damascene blade?
Yeah....local guy around here. My brother loves Damascus knives so he gives me his when he gets new ones. I have some others from a guy on the coast.

My brother's collection includes two Kramer knives. If you haven't seen his work you should check it out. Take a look at the auction prices on them. He doesn't do set prices. They are all auctioned.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Bo Peep said:
Hey I know that spot great fish.
Lots and lots of people are getting to know it these days. LOL It's so busy down there.

jamisonace
jamisonace
A friend came up from Medford this afternoon and asked if we could fish. With just a little arm twisting we were off. We back bounced into this gal on the second pass and that was it. The rest of the evening I enjoyed a spectacular evening on the water with a good friend and the flea bag.

received_5341787775844096.jpeg

Reactions: Admin
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I went to college with Steven at OSU. How is the rogue fishing for him? Also, nicely done on the fish,again…

Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
I went to college with Steven at OSU. How is the rogue fishing for him? Also, nicely done on the fish,again…
According to Steven the Rogue is on fire this year. I might try to get down there before it's done.

Reactions: O. mykiss
Diehard
Diehard
Another beauty of a fish 👍

Admin
Admin
Reactions: Diehard and jamisonace
M
Mdiscom
Went out of Roger's Landing on 5-21-22. Took my elderly father out for some bass fishing. Fishing was pretty slow - put 7 or 8 smallmouth in the boat - nothing of any real size - 1 went about 2 lbs and the rest were smaller. Water was a little off color and the current made fishing my ned rigs a bit tough. We were making the best of it - fishing in about 8-15ft of water. I was fishing a green pumpkin TRD from Z-man - its really my go to bait for smallmouth. I was keeping contact with the bottom, jigging it slowly. Tick....tick....tick....THUMP! I hooked into what i thought was a really good bass. It did not move easily. I worked it up towards the boat, and then saw the fish flash. It was HUGE! And not a bass. I thought for a minute it was a really big pike minnow. It then decided to take off. Good thing my drag was set rather light - it peeled 30 or 40 yards of line. I didn't put too much pressure on it - I only use 6lb fluorocarbon leader. Next time I brought it close to the boat, I was able to clearly see it was a Chinook!! OH MY - I hooked a springer on a NED rig!!! After at least 30 minutes, several line-peeling runs, and quite a few aborted attempts to put it in a too-small net, we finally got it on board. First fish on my tag this year - and I wasn't even targeting them. It went 11lbs, 10oz on my bass scale - (I know, not Jamisonace size - but I caught it on 6lb flouro leader....)

Dry brine, then Bachans Japanese BBQ sauce, Traeger @ 225 super smoke until cooked through - quick sear finish. It was good!

• Wow
Reactions: scched, O. mykiss, jamisonace and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
"Dry brine, then Bachans Japanese BBQ sauce, Traeger @ 225 super smoke until cooked through - quick sear finish."

You know how to treat them right. Nice work! Always a fun surprise when the non targeted species turns out to be some of the best table fare the northwest has to offer.

Reactions: Mdiscom
Diehard
Diehard
Thanks for the cooking instructions gonna throw a chunk on my new green mountain grill tonight haven't cooked any fish on it yet nice fish and really cool story 👍

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
My name is Jamisonace and I'm a spring salmonaholic. It's getting bad guys. My wife has been patient so far but the grass in my yard is 3 feet tall. I keep saying I'll get the weedeater out but I end up at the river instead. The only reason I quit early tonight is because I lost an oar. I didn't realize it until I had landed a fish though so at least there's that. Fishing alone isn't the same as drinking alone right? I actually have made attempts each night to get someone in my boat.

I made fish deliveries today and will be making more tomorrow. I love cooking it and having plenty in my freezer but I really enjoy giving it away to families I know as well.

The little pile of scraps gets boiled for the flea bag. He deserves it for keeping me company in the boat.
Lets do some trading! I've got Ling Cod and Tuna

hobster said:
Yo Jeff, hit a brother up if you need a mate! Hope you are well buddy, sorry bout them Boys😜 maybe this year
No, probably not this year either. I'll keep you in the loop. Maybe we'll do an OFF salt day ;)

Reactions: hobster
jamisonace
jamisonace
I really need to be better about getting pics. My friend took this before I fileted it. Water was high and dirty today but back bouncing eggs produced this little hen. Probably about 10 pounds.

IMG_1185.jpg

Reactions: scched, Diehard and Admin
scched
scched
Anyone had any luck in the NW Coastal rivers? Need to make a trip out there and see for myself ASAP

I went out for a short trip to the Sandy Saturday am, saw one rolling around but none landed among the 5 fellow bank maggots. Though I was only out there about 2 hours so perhaps I left too

scched
scched
jamisonace said:
I really need to be better about getting pics. My friend took this before I fileted it. Water was high and dirty today but back bouncing eggs produced this little hen. Probably about 10 pounds.
Killin it (literally)!! Seems like a good season for you so far! Hoping to get on the scoreboard here soon

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice little sunrise springer before work this morning. It looks a little dusty in this pic but it was as bright as can be. Water was high but the color was pretty decent. Tried bouncing eggs first but there was too much current and I didn't fee like I was keeping my bait where I wanted it. So I wrapped a couple Kwikfish and put on some divers on to keep them down and got this girl to bite. Nothing better than to start the week with a fish on Monday morning. Had her cleaned and bagged by 7:45. After a couple appointments this morning I'm heading North to fish with a friend/guide on the Mckenzie this afternoon to hopefully finish my limit.

6.6 Umpqua Springer.jpg

Reactions: NKlamerus, Admin and Diehard
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
Nice little sunrise springer before work this morning.
Nice fish, let me know how the McKenzie is fishing. Thinking about heading that way Friday. My friend fished this last weekend and said the water was ripping. He said there were lots of boats on the water

jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
Nice fish, let me know how the McKenzie is fishing.
I'm on my way up there right now. I can tell you it's been really good in spite of the high water. I'll give you a report tonight or tomorrow.

jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
let me know how the McKenzie is fishing
Here's your answer. The only reason we didn't have 4 is because I got the one down south earlier today.

20220606_191910.jpg

Reactions: C_Run, scched, Diehard and 1 other person
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
Here's your answer. The only reason we didn't have 4 is because I got the one down south earlier today.
That's awesome! Good sized fish for the McKenzie too! Thanks for letting us know.