SalishPond Bassing and Bluegillin

T
Troutier Bassier
My friend went to salish ponds at around 8pm today without his rods (sadly:( ) and he saw this guy catch a bucket full of bluegill and saw some nice bass cruising around. I want to go and take my lil bro tomarrow in the morning for bluegill. But just incase if a see a bass what should I put my efforts to into catching it???? I will be carrying a ultralight and my bass kit with me so i have a few lures and some plastics.... I have everything so dont worry about that. But I have never caught Largemouth Bass so I want to catch one tommarrow. Any help... Please:pray::pray::pray:

F
fitterdent
spinners, crankbaits, and plastics, try everything, it all depends what kind of mood they're in. i would even try some top water, like a popper if you have one.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thanks. I'm starting to think about trying jiggin' plastic craws in front of them because they have a lot of crawfish there. Especially in the rock pile.

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutier Bassier said:
Thanks. I'm starting to think about trying jiggin' plastic craws in front of them because they have a lot of crawfish there. Especially in the rock pile.

oops

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Troutier Bassier said:

Throw baits craw /creature /brush hog/ worms just remember its early so they are slow and findin shallow water to warm up little to no retreive bites can be light even w/ big fish oh and put in lots o hours for few fish top water will work once we warm up till then persistance and stealth

F
Fishtopher
Take the craw advice and fish with it! Whether you catch one and use it, or have a plastic craw, or a craw plug...just use it.:)

T
Troutier Bassier
Thanks. I can't use live craws anymore. Against the NEW law.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

F
Fishtopher
So kill it first.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well we caught 11. 6 Scaulpin, 2 Perch, And 3 Pumpkin seeds. Released em all cause they were puny. only saw 2 SMALL bass minnows and couldent cathc emon bait or lures. good day anyway

T
Troutier Bassier
plan on heading there again on saturday with 2 buddys. haha. Hope to catch a few Big perch alon the way. Maybe some nice bass too!

C
cookshot
could someone tell me where this pond is? Im trying to find some new spots because i keep striking out at hagg

M
mgdguy
cookshot said:
could someone tell me where this pond is? Im trying to find some new spots because i keep striking out at hagg

In Fairview (north of Gresham) off Glisan and 209th...

C
cookshot
Thanks mdguy, i think ill give it a try this weekend.

M
mgdguy
cookshot said:
Thanks mdguy, i think ill give it a try this weekend.

No problem. Be prepared though: it's a small couple of ponds, and the West Salish - which gets stocked - gets very crowded this time of year!