Lakes Salish Ponds Fishing Reports

L
Luis Dominguez
Anyone catch any bass at Salish Ponds this winter?

T
Troutier Bassier
Not this winter, but this spring/summer I did exceptionally well catching lots of fish over 3lbs.

L
Luis Dominguez
Okay thanks! What jig did they prefer most? Or what do you recommend?

G
goodie619
they are there and biting!!!!

since they loaded it with Bute trout competition for food has increased. fish the hole to the shore..

L
Luis Dominguez
East or west pond??

G
goodie619
always fish west

M
Mattyonthebass
Went today and ended up with only 2 bites both on Dropshot. The bites felt small and didn't stick. It's a cool place though and I'll definitely go again when it warms up.

L
Luis Dominguez
Salish Ponds

Caught this guy about a month ago there.

salish-ponds.png

G
goodie619
Good Job, I didn't think there was any Brute trout left that they stocked back in early Dec before the snow. I got few when they first stocked them, but after that no luck.

Powerbait or worm?

During the summer/spring its a good fishing hole. plenty of aka "pond" fish; bullhead cats, carp, bluegill/perch, and a few stocked and wild cut throat trout.

Reactions: Mattyonthebass
L
Luis Dominguez
I've caught 4 and kept 1. All on powerbait, this past weekend a little 7 year old caught one on a 4 lb test and 5 something foot rod. They caught it with a grub under a bobber

C
catfishman89
Went there today in my kayak and got kicked off the water 30 minutes later by a cop. I was fishing the east lake. Are boats not allowed there? I saw no sign anywhere around the parking lot and the cop had no real answers he really wanted me to leave. He said I needed to launch in a designated area and said there was none there so I couldn't launch there. I will contact the fairview PD and see where they direct me and see if I can get some answers. Its a public waterway you should be able to use it. Water was 52 by the shore and 42 in the mainlake. The east end is only 8 feet deep and the main lake is 12-15. I found some nice ledges and rocks before i got "busted". Disappointing I guess I'll stick to my other spots I was excited to finally get a boat out there.

P
PTownAngler
There are definitely no rafts of any kind allowed on either pond. I'm pretty sure it's posted there on the signs, definitely posted online and used to be in the reg book, don't think it's in the reg book now since they changed the format of the reg books.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
Went there and got two nice bass.

Reactions: troutdude
R
Ryan_Villarreal
what were you throwing ?

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
wacky rig

D
David P