Salish Pond report 02-13-2009

G
Green_Tackle
Hey everyone,

My dog and I were out at Salish Pond this morning for about an hour or so. It was pretty cold but there were plenty of other folks fishing. I caught a stocked rainbow on my first cast using Gulp! Salmon Eggs (pink) about 3 feet off the bottom. Casted pretty far out using a 1/4 oz Eco Egg Sinker and let the line sink completely before reeling it tight.

Didn't get so much as a nibble the rest of the time nor did I see anyone else catching anything. But, it's better than last week when it was frozen over so--hey, not bad. I got dinner.

Cheers,

18406ej
18406ej
Thanks for the report- I am surprised it has thawed out already, and happy that you got dinner.

F
Fishtopher
Fishing sure gets tuff at that spot with the wind and all! Way to go and welcome to the gang....:)

M
mgdguy
Nice job Green - what was the length?

G
Green_Tackle
Nice job Green - what was the length

Nothing to write home about... 10 inches maybe.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Havin' a good time

Havin' a good time

Green_Tackle said:
Nothing to write home about... 10 inches maybe.

Green_Tackle;
It really isn't about the length,it is about getting your gear out and getting yourself out on the water and having a good time. Sounds like you had a fine time. Keep at it for me 'til I can get back out,ok? :D Be safe.
Barb

G
Green_Tackle
Yeah, I have no issues with smaller fish--or no fish. In fact, I didn't expect to catch anything at all and was not prepared for it. I just wanted to get the dog some exercise, drink some coffee, and throw out a line. Good stuff.

G
Green_Tackle
Was out there again this morning... and so was everyone else. The guy down the bank from me, fishing what looked like it might be a silver kastmaster, pulled in a beauty of a trout. Much larger than the typical stockers... seemed more likely to be in the mid-- maybe even upper teens. Really nice. Would have been even better on my line but nice just the same.

A duck got a fish too, though not quite as large. Other than that, same old "nothing yet" that I'm more accustomed to at Salish.

Cheers,