Salem Area

J
joesnuffy
It looks like I'll be in the Salem area on the 24th-26th of this month.

If i can spare 3 hrs during this time, is there anywhere around there producing fish? Looking for Salmon or Steel.

thanks.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Might check out the Santiam. Haven't heard any reports on the Alsea. Nestucca is worth a look,as well as the Three Rivers. I'm sure others will have ideas also.

A
autofisher
By that time there should be a decent amount of fish all through out the Santiams. That would probably be my bet. Or you could joiin us for the Fish For The Cure up at Meldrum.

M
Mattdm22
Yeah the Santiam would be my best bet. Try fishing under the bridge in Mill City that always produces steelies.

J
joesnuffy
i won't have time for much fishing (if any) while i'm there. just thought I'd take the rods along "just in case" :p

O
Outdoor_Myers
joesnuffy said:
i won't have time for much fishing (if any) while i'm there. just thought I'd take the rods along "just in case" :p

there is always time for fishing! 1)less sleep, 2)eat while fishing, 3) *sorry I got Lost*

C
capblack
the coastal rivers are producing better, but if your limited on time, id hit the santiam. i5 rest area, jefferson, greens bridge, stayton waterfront park are all less than 1/2 hr from salem. good luck, Brian

J
joesnuffy
I'm headed to Salem tomorrow. I'm still not sure if I'll have any time to fish but I'm taking gear just in case. Any more updates in the area? thanks!