Saftey for kayaks

A
Amberjack
Although not mandatory, but please wear something bright/ fluorescent for us that use powered vessels. Nothing worse than a blue/green kayak, operator in green/blue. I damn near nailed one two years ago in my bass boat. Turned about and he was pissed. I explained to him he was extremely hard to see. After letting him vent for several minutes I explained to him I had no intentions of running him over or trying to swamp him, he was just hard to see, especially in the middle of the lake

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Amberjack said:
Although not mandatory, but please wear something bright/ fluorescent for us that use powered vessels. Nothing worse than a blue/green kayak, operator in green/blue. I damn near nailed one two years ago in my bass boat. Turned about and he was pissed. I explained to him he was extremely hard to see. After letting him vent for several minutes I explained to him I had no intentions of running him over or trying to swamp him, he was just hard to see, especially in the middle of the lake

Good post. Very important indeed.

J
joesnuffy
This is why i ordered a bright yellow kayak...... that and it will match my 4wheeler :p

F
fishgood
joesnuffy said:
This is why i ordered a bright yellow kayak...... that and it will match my 4wheeler :p

What kayak did you go with?

D
donjduck2
Good advice.I always wear a bright orange hat when i go out in my toon,just so i can be seen by other boaters.The last time i fished Diamond I had a boat come by and thank me for wearing a bright orange hat so i could be seen,he told me he could see me from the other end of the lake.

J
joesnuffy
fishgood said:
What kayak did you go with?

I make a thread about it when it arrives. :)