S.T.E.P. salmon derby, Umpqua

F
fishndad
Reedsport Salmon Derby

Reedsport Annual S.T.E.P. Salmon Derby

by

John Hayes

public information director GRWB STEP

Advance tickets are now available for the 7th Annual Salmon Derby to be held Labor Day weekend (Aug. 30 through Sep. 1) on the mighty Umpqua at Reedsport and Winchester Bay. Guaranteed cash prizes totaling $1350. will be awarded with $500. paid for the overall largest salmon. Individual tickets are $10 (or $25 for 3 or more on a private boat) for the entire three day event. Guide and Charter tickets are $25 (each day). Send checks or money orders to G.R.W.B. STEP, P.O. BOX 235, Reedsport, OR 97467 along with return address, full names of entrants, and phone numbers. Mail requests must be received by August 20 (or will be returned) to insure timely ticket arrival to your address.

Tickets can also be purchased locally from GRWB S.T.E.P. members and at Reedsport’s Umpqua Bank and Bank of America. Save time, avoid the lines, and send for your tickets now. Great weather, great fishing, and great prizes. Don’t miss it! (Net proceeds are used to raise chinook salmon at our volunteer Gardiner-Reedsport-Winchester Bay STEP Hatchery. For additional information email:

hjhayes@oregonfcu.com)

GRWB S.T.E.P.
ANNUAL LABOR DAY SALMON DERBY
RULES

1. Hours for weigh-in: 6am - 6pm, Saturday & Sunday
6am - 4pm, Monday
Registration ticket sales end at noon on Monday.

2. One time entry registration fee for the Derby is: Individual entry $10.00 Private Boat entry $25.00 (3 or more persons)
This automatically enters you into the $100 Cash Bonus Drawing.

3. Fish must be a legal Salmon, tagged for Umpqua Areas 102, 89, or 12, caught during the Derby and weighed in on the same day as caught.

4. Official S.T.E.P. scales will be located at the East Basin boat ramp in Winchester Bay and The Landing boat ramp in Reedsport. Each entrant is responsible for having their catch weighed and logged in at an official STEP weigh station.

5. Largest (lb.) Salmon each day will be awarded $150. Largest (lb.) Salmon for the weekend overall will be awarded $500. Ties will be broken by overall length of Salmon.

6. For each and every legal salmon weighed in during the three day Derby (regardless of size), anglers with a Derby entry registration number will be given a ticket for the special $300 Weigh-In Drawing.

7. Prizes will be awarded Monday after 4pm at The Landing.

Entrants need not be present to win if phone number was provided at time of registration.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A FISH THAT HAS BEEN GUTTED OR ALTERED IN ANY WAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR WEIGH-IN FOR DERBY ENTRY AT THE OFFICIAL S.T.E.P. SCALE.

N
nwkiller
sounds fun!!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
We went there last year clueless to the contest. So many boats I would guess 200 just in the reedsport area And we were there before first legal and had a good sized line and barely got a spot in the parking lot. If I had my boat ready by then which it prolly wont be fore almost another week i would be there doing it all over again but this time in it to win it.

P
plumb2fish
Isn't Labor Day September 6th?

T
Thuggin4Life
yeah think so. should be back fishing out of my boat by the weekend after. think i may make it down in the crapie jon though.

F
fishndad
you know i dont think u have to have a boat, and i know some great bank spots! im goin for it!

W
windburnt
i was planning on going down there to attend.... can u register when u arrive, or do i have to send the money in the mail now? my only concern is that im not totally sure im going..as of now...i would be in my boat by myself...i may have a open seat one of those days..ill keep ya posted if i do.

F
fishndad
i would love to join someone in a boat so that i dont have to get elbowed by everyone lined against the bank lol! let me know of an open seat.