Rules on keeping trout .

J
Jish@61
Hello, I heard that there is a certain season and or time we can keep certain trout, whether there wild or stocked in rivers and or lakes. Can someone please give me info on this? I am a newby on this.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Honestly, that’s a very broad question. Different lakes and streams have different regulations. You would be best off downloading a copy of Oregon’s fishing regulations from the ODFW website and looking up the area you are fishing, then specifically the water body. Hope that helps

J
Jish@61
Your right, I will fo that. Have a good one!

J
Jish@61
"I will do that..."

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
May I also suggest an alternative, go to a sporting goods store or any place they sell a fishing/hunting license and get a hard copy to keep with you and also sign up for the news letters from ODFW. that way you can stay current on what is going on and they will also send you a weekly fishing report if you sign up for it and they also will post any changes to help you keep up with what is going on. I don't fish a lot anymore but I like to know what is going on. I told a friend that they had Tigers and I believe Brown trout in Diamond a few years ago and he came close to calling me a liar, but guess what......they were in the lake put there to help control the chubs. I took no offense as I figured he would learn shortly. My point is to keep up with what is going on to help keep from getting a ticket. I keep one in my boat just in case!!!

Reactions: Markk
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
With this hot weather there have been some emergency rules put in starting July 1, 2021.

Emergency fishing regulations in response to drought begin July 1:
Check the Recreation Report in your zone for info​

O
olshiftybiscuits
It’s easier to implement a personal rule than to keep track of all the regulations. If you always want to be safe, simply never keep a wild trout and don’t keep any trout at all between November 1 and May 21. This will not only prevent you from breaking any laws, but is good for our local fisheries, too.