Row River trout fishing

B
bigsteel
Does anyone know if Row river is a good trout fishery?

J
JeannaJigs
excellent trout fishery :)

B
bigsteel
sweeeeeeeeeeeet,,,,,i want to plan a trip down there this summer

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah it's been a while since I've been down there, I always overlook it, and it's pretty close to home. Caught some really nice trout over the years down there though.

B
bigsteel
is there decent camping???im thinkin of fly fishing it

J
JeannaJigs
You can camp at Dorena, pretty large campground. There's some good fishing not far below there.

M
metalfisher76
Were you not just on the D again?:)

B
bigsteel
metalfisher76 said:
Were you not just on the D again?:)

hehe,,,not yet headin over there the 8th......i like to get around

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
You can camp at Dorena, pretty large campground. There's some good fishing not far below there.

thanks jeanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
If you go make sure to get really drunk at the lake since its the last year you can drink anywhere near the lake. Also what out for poision oak. last time i fished that river all i caught was a bad case of poison oak.

F
Fisher.King
It's near cottage grove. I've only driven by it a few times and it looks fish-able. I would like to know from anyone who's fished it before if it's worth adding a tacklebox and rod to my day pack. Crawdad and swimming hole info would be appreciated too. The path I'm taking used to be some "goose train" line or something, the tracks were removed and it was turned into a path.

E
everett464
The Row River trail is great, and I have logged hundreds of miles running down there. As far as the river goes, I know there are trout both above, and below the dam. The lake itself is relatively tough to fish from the bank, but I suppose you could probably make something work, I am not sure if it gets better above the lake, but I do know that immediately below the dam, there is a really good trout fishing from the bank. All through Schwartz Park, and closer to town behind Killions Market is all little known, but totally accessible trout water. Rumor has it that Springers and Summer Steel make it up there, but I have yet to see either.

Good luck; I would stick to low light fishing for another couple of weeks, but last summer, in the middle of the hottest part of the day, on a 90 degree August afternoon, I caught a 13" rainbow on a dry fly, swear to god, so you ever know.

Everett

T
troutjunkie88
yea i got to know the area just below the dam through the campground pretty well this summer. had plenty of 10+ fish days. rainbows and cutties. caught most of them on stimulator patterns and parachute adams. fish the slow water if you have time and kill some of dem pikeminnow

S
SmallStreams
I've fished above the dam, above & below the falls a couple times the past two summers. There are 12" cutthroat even above the falls.

The creek that comes in near Killions Market has some cutthroat, too. One of these days I'll try the Killions stretch of the Row...

This year's spring fishing was a little tough since it rained all of June and the river level was annoyingly high.

E
everett464
This year's spring fishing was a little tough since it rained all of June and the river level was annoyingly high.

Agreed, It was not a fun Spring up there. I trudged through that river a couple times when it was running 3.5 or so; it is fast, slippery, and unproductive like that.

B
blklabluvr
Are motorized boats allowed in the Row? Just moved from out of state onto some property with river frontage and not sure what all is allowed. Thanks