Rough morning ended with a pair of clipped chinook

jamisonace
jamisonace
7 takedowns and only one got hooked well enough to stay on long enough for me to grab the rod and it broke me off. I was discouraged to say the least. I decided to pull out and rerun the short float. I took my time and only fished the spots that had produced earlier. Hooked 2 landed 2. Both clipped. Lots of fish caught today. Lots of happy fishermen at the ramp.

• 20211106_132203.jpg
Reactions: O. mykiss and C_Run
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Ok… I’m a kook, what’s with the missing faces? Is that a combo dispatch/bleeding deal?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Shaun Solomon said:
Ok… I’m a kook, what’s with the missing faces? Is that a combo dispatch/bleeding deal?

Fish checker cuts off the faces to take a tag they implant in them. Not all hatchery fish have them but when they do, they ask if they can take them.

I'm terrible at getting photos so when she asked if I wanted a photo before she cut them I said no. Later I decided I needed a photo to piss off a couple friends that had lame excuses for not coming with me. One of them was really stupid like had to prepare for a divorce trial and the other was equally unremarkable.

Reactions: Shaun Solomon
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Shaun Solomon said:
He has a hell of a hook set!!!😂

Reactions: jamisonace