Roseburg area in April

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm going to be testing in Roseburg at the being of April. Anybody have an ideas on what will be fishing well then?

O
OnTheDrop
Winters are going to be around man. This will be a time when they are in the upper stretches of Rogue, Umpqua systems. Hit up Phil's Guide Service. I'm sure he'll point you in a direction, or even take you out if your wanting to do that kind of thing. Good luck out there Wes, Gotsta get a line wet soon.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Let's keep in touch when it gets closer to that time. I work in Roseburg that time of year and can take a day to float the North Umpqua for steelhead or even an early springer (very early, I wouldn't get my hopes up). When are you coming over to hit the Siuslaw? The fish are getting old....you better hurry.

S
steelhead_slayer
Thanks Jamisonace that would be great if we can work that out. I will definitely get in touch with you when time comes. Maybe I can get away for spring break to head that way, but if they are getting old though maybe I should just wait for springer ;)

M
Mad dog
Pretty crappy month to fish! I wouldn't even fish if I were you!

Cooper creek is well stocked with trout by then!

Seriously.....most everyone has springer fever by then! Well, almost everyone....the north and the south rivers usually fish really well into mid-april. 2 years ago the fishing on the south was red hot right up to the closure on april 30th!