Rooster Rock help!

S
steelheader19
i was wondering if you can plunk for salmon and keeper sturgeon at rooster rock state park and what kind of fish species are there??

tight line...
steelheader19

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You can always be sure of what/where with the regs. They're even on line. I'm never too sure whose word to take so there is a copy I picked up at Wally World in my gear bag.

I
Ifishforfood
hey man i hope this helps. you can catch almost anything in the columbia, especially at RR. you will most likely catch smallmouth bass, sunfish, pikeminnow, sculpin , chub or if your lucky a catfish or crappie. for any of the above, use earthworms on the bottom or under a float. i would try fishing off the docks for any of the listed, or out on the main river near any cover ( rocks or sunk logs). i dont know about the salmon, but i know some about the sturgeon. right now the waters high, so you want to use a real heavy weight( were talking 5-8 ounces of lead), and a good strong rod. use a ball of nightcrawlers covered with some scent(shrimp or crawfish) or use smelt, anchovies or herring. another easier and cheaper option is to use small sunfish for bait. good luck and tight lines.

I
Ifishforfood
P.S. watch out for nudists at the nude beach!!

T
TheFishingHex
steelheader19 said:
i was wondering if you can plunk for salmon and keeper sturgeon at rooster rock state park and what kind of fish species are there??

tight line...
steelheader19

good luck catching a salmon there. dont think iv heard of anyone getting one there, but u might get a shaker sturgeon or two. find the deep spots.

X
x1hunter89
Was their today and saw a big fish jump in the dock area. I think it was a large mouth bass I hear they are catching small mouth near the stairs to go on the beach cuz their half way underwater the forestry guy told me and saw some people sturgeon fishing today also