Rood Bridge Park - Got one!!!

I
I <3 <><
Anyone ever fished the pond at the park?

C
chris61182
I <3 <>< said:
Anyone ever fished the pond at the park?

I guess I could say I've tried. It was shallow, weedy, and appeared to have little more than mosquitoes and frogs living in.

That said, don't let me discourage you from trying. It's easy enough to get to and walk around, you wouldn't be out more than a minute or two of your time if it wasn't to your liking.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Andrew, good job on the cuttie. If you want to do some stream fishing for warm water fish - hit up Rock Creek near Bethany. THPRD ruined my little trout hole in there by the damn (they removed a tree that shaded the water and moved/removed some of the woody debris, it seems) - but there's been a LOT of panfish that have taken up residence downstream of the bridge by the Bethany dam. I caught probably 30 or 40 fish in a couple hours there the other night - mostly small, but a few hand sized fish, one of them was a redear sunfish, which was cool.

I was fishing a dry & dropper, casting only a leader length of line (it's a narrow stream, and I was wet wading in shin-deep water).

The pond there are Rood Bridge *used* to be good - but in the last few years it's gotten sooooooooo weedy and nasty, that fishing has suffered bad. That pond is in serious need of some weed removal, and silt removal.