Rondowa

joesnuffy

No AOTY (www.northwestkayakanglers.com) points for these but it was a great day on the water. If you havn't been to this area, it's pretty nice. It starts with a 3 mile hike down the railroad tracks. I had a late start but I fished for around 6-7 hrs total.

It was pretty dead until around 2pm then a school must have moved through. I hooked up 4 times within an hour. Lost the first 2 and landed the second 2.

I did have a problem with a dog getting tangled with my rod and snapped 12" off the tip :( I still fished with the rod and that's what I caught the fish with.

Grande Ronde River

Rondowa Upstream

Rondowa Downstream

Two nice Steelhead

Raincatcher

What a beautiful river! The whole area looks fishy to me. Nice job getting into those beauties, too! Thanks for sharing,Joe.

Montana

Gonna have to put that on my list of places to fish in Oregon! Beautiful spot, nice fish! Looks like there is a road that goes up to that spot (Brown rd) is that closed in the winter?

bass

Most Featured
Way to overcome the broken rod and score some nice fish. Thanks for sharing the nice set of pictures.

C_Run

Nice report. Hope I can spend some time over there some day- beautiful country there.

Top Bottom