Romper room...

Troutski
Troutski
If you have the means to gain access to this area of the Middle Fork above Jasper, where Big Fall creek and the Willy meet. You will have arrived in the Trout Mecca of the Willamette Valley. One does need some sort of floation device to attack this portion of the river, but well worth the effort. Fly angling or spin fishing both have there place here, even the occasional Salmon or Steelhead is landed here. Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love the smell of "new"

Love the smell of "new"

So, Troutski...this is your new forum...:clap: very nice...Now the mid-valley fisher folk have a place to call home. :dance: Congrats, and welcome home. :yay: :yay: :yay: Be safe.
Barb

S
SDK
You rule Chuck. :clap:

Assuming that I may have a pontoon for this ;)

Is a shuttle required for this float, and is there someplace in the area that does them? Also, how hard of a float is it?

I'd be interested if anyone wants to try this with me so we have a couple of vehicles to manage the shuttling ourselves...

C
Cascade
I would give this a try with ya, I live about 15min away and could also get us a shuttle ride with someone that lives right there in that stretch. let me know when you want to go. Springers will be there next month or two...

S
SDK
Sounds good Cascade, and I also got your PM, so keep me posted on that.

Looking at my river map, there appears to be a DB/Toon launch just upriver from that area called Pengra Access and a takeout at Jasper bridge. Does that sound about right?

When the rain/weather settle down a bit, I'm up for just about any weekend morning, so lets keep an eye on the forecast and calendar...

Scott

M
mikeredding
SDK said:
Sounds good Cascade, and I also got your PM, so keep me posted on that.

Looking at my river map, there appears to be a DB/Toon launch just upriver from that area called Pengra Access and a takeout at Jasper bridge. Does that sound about right?

When the rain/weather settle down a bit, I'm up for just about any weekend morning, so lets keep an eye on the forecast and calendar...

Scott

You are dead on in regards to Pengra and Jasper Bridge. Sill going to be awhile for springers though. Who knows, they way they are predicting runs there may not be many at all.