Roland Martin catching a Wilson River winter steelhead casting a plug

K
killigan
Mr. Roland Martin himself, in the pacific northwest catching a steelhead while casting a plug, how ironic, or should I say iconic. :thumb: Got himself a dandy with Big Dave. Just thought I would share.

cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhPW5gvZBI

O
OnTheDrop
Indeed. I'm buddies with Dave, and we were the first group staying at the lodge after Mr Martin and such were there. There was definitely a lot of "You know, Roland was standing right here yesterday" ha!

P
pinstriper
Were people saying "Sock it to me !" a lot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O
OnTheDrop
Exactly, Mark.

Artwo
Artwo
That was excellent..........

Class act right there, both Dave and Roland.............

B
Big3d
He really wanted to treat that thing like a bucketmouth.

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
It's difficult trying to teach an old dog new tricks, but Big Dave was very patient. Had the pleasure of introducing my son to Roland at the Sportsman's Showcase. Heckuva nice guy, and really cool for my 14 yr old son to meet an icon from my teen years, when I first started bass fishing. We recorded his Saturday morning show religiously, and did our best to mimic him the following weekend.

bass
bass
Great video! I always love Roland Martin's fishing shows. He always seemed genuinely excited to be out on the water. When I lived in NC there was a long stretch of time when my fishing buddy and I would say "Oh son" in our best Roland voices each time we hooked a fish.