Rogue River Steel

P
Phil_Bud
Hit the water after class today and went 2 for 5 on Steelies. Also got a half pounder on the plug and my first Cut Throat out of the Rogue on a yarnie. Got some awesome arial action on film of the bigger hen that will be out soon. Lost one today that I wish I would have seen, MASSIVE takedown and then snap. Coulda been the 1, thats what keeps me going back.
Only bad part of the day was while scrambling around during the first fish of the day, 24 inches 4 lbs, my Fenwick rod paired up with my Shimano Curado reel fell out of the boat under our nose and sank into the Rogue depts. Never to be seen again. :shock: Devistating until we hooked into the second fish 10 minutes later running 1 plug. This was a 7 lb hen that put on an air show right there on ther river for us. Never seen a hen fly like that. Took my mind off of the 350 dollor set up harbored at the bottom of the Rogue somewhere. lol
Good day overall tho. Got a new species on the Rogue and had some awesome takedowns. Enjoy. LOOK OUT FOR THE VIDEO SOON! :)
YOUNG GUN ANGLERS ~ Lords of the Stream

• 4-7-2011_002.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_007.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_008.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_004.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_001.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_003.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_012.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_010.jpg
  • 4-7-2011_005.jpg
R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice fish dood

E
eat, sleep, fish
Nice air show.

T
Throbbit _Shane
It was a great day... other then the big mishap

[YOUTUBE]Ow8ZnxsEgYc&[/YOUTUBE]

M
Mad dog
Phil_Bud said:
Hit the water after class today and went 2 for 5 on Steelies. Also got a half pounder on the plug and my first Cut Throat out of the Rogue on a yarnie. Got some awesome arial action on film of the bigger hen that will be out soon. Lost one today that I wish I would have seen, MASSIVE takedown and then snap. Coulda been the 1, thats what keeps me going back.
Only bad part of the day was while scrambling around during the first fish of the day, 24 inches 4 lbs, my Fenwick rod paired up with my Shimano Curado reel fell out of the boat under our nose and sank into the Rogue depts. Never to be seen again. :shock: Devistating until we hooked into the second fish 10 minutes later running 1 plug. This was a 7 lb hen that put on an air show right there on ther river for us. Never seen a hen fly like that. Took my mind off of the 350 dollor set up harbored at the bottom of the Rogue somewhere. lol
Good day overall tho. Got a new species on the Rogue and had some awesome takedowns. Enjoy. LOOK OUT FOR THE VIDEO SOON! :)
YOUNG GUN ANGLERS ~ Lords of the Stream

OH, MAN!!! That really blows!!! :( I would have been pissed! :mad: I know how you feel, I once dropped the motor down from tilt after landing a fish and snapped off the tip of a $250.00 Rogue side drifting rod! My son took it in and Rick matched the butt section with a new tip section for cheap! Matched the spine up really nice! That's customer service!

Small consulation though....nice fish!!! :clap:

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
nice work, sucks about the rod, my buddy waqs drifting and oarring onbe day and set his rod down, turned his head for a second....rod gone....

T
Throbbit _Shane
We got ahold of the guy who caught the rod and phil will be getting it back soon!