Rogue River jet boat experience wanted

Dparker

I'm a new jet boat owner, and looking for someone with knowledge of the river from the town of Rogue River down. Someone willing to share their experiences of reading water, and the basic do's and don'ts of navigating this portion of the river. Ultimately, I'm looking to be able to safely navigate these waters to access premier salmon/steelhead fishing holes. I have a 20ft Boulton boat with a Yamaha 105 outboard jet. I'm retired and available most times.

troutdude

Congrats on your new family member! lol

I don't know that river. But maybe @jamisonace does; or knows someone else who can help.

Or perhaps @rogerdodger might be able to help.

Good luck, and be sure to share your adventures.

4labs

When the jets start running out of Grants Pass follow them and the same in Gold beach during the summer if you can wait that long

Dparker

When the jets start running out of Grants Pass follow them and the same in Gold beach during the summer if you can wait that long
That's a good idea....I was hoping to find someone who'll ride along and show me how to read the water....do you know anyone?

4labs

Don't know the Upper River only Gold beach. Most guys drift boat from Shady cove down and really haven't seen many jets like the lower river.
I would put in at GP and run down towards Hells canyon first but get use to how a jet handles on a lake first unless you have run one already.
Jets on a river are a hole different experience than a lake.
Have seen some real disasters at Gold beach inc a Boice who sunk his jet
Maybe do a springer trip with a guild and watch what he does.

Dparker

Don't know the Upper River only Gold beach. Most guys drift boat from Shady cove down and really haven't seen many jets like the lower river.
I would put in at GP and run down towards Hells canyon first but get use to how a jet handles on a lake first unless you have run one already.
Jets on a river are a hole different experience than a lake.
Have seen some real disasters at Gold beach inc a Boice who sunk his jet
Maybe do a springer trip with a guild and watch what he does.
Thanks 4labs....good advice...I think I'm going to use your original advice and follow other jets up and down from GP down.