Rogue River help.....please!

S
sos23
hello i have been reading the forum for a while, thanks a lot for all the info!! i just moved to a new spot really close to the lower rogue and i am wondering a) is there any thing besides pike minnows in the river right now b) if so what should i be using for tackle? thanks you so much i really appreciate it!

C
Coastaldweller
Any time now the Half-pounders should start running. Fish tail outs and riffles with spoons and/or drift night crawlers. I like to fish from Foster bar down to Agness. Good luck!

R
rippin fish lips
i have always want ed to fish for the half pounders in the rouge!

S
supertodd
are you on the lower Rogue or the grants pass area? Summer Steelhead are running right now and its kinda between the salmon runs- Spring is tapering off and the fall fish are starting to enter the bay.

E
ebnash
supertodd said:
are you on the lower Rogue or the grants pass area? Summer Steelhead are running right now and its kinda between the salmon runs- Spring is tapering off and the fall fish are starting to enter the bay.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I will be in the Medford area next week, Wed-Fri and I would like to go after Steelies/Salmon on the Rogue.

I would appreciate any info to get me in the right area and on the fish..

Thanks,
Erik

S
sos23
thanks for the reply's! i am in the merlin area, right around robertson bridge. i have seen several very large fish surface in the last couple days, but still no bites. i am drifting night crawlers and have also tried floating jigs a few times. no luck so far but i dont give up easy =)

R
rippin fish lips
Try using spinners, spoons and pulling plugs. Like a 1/4oz thomas bouyant spoon, or spinners in the size 0-4 range. Good luck!

S
supertodd
The large fish are prob. Fall salmon- try roe, or difting corkies