Rogue River-Butte Falls

O
ol tymer
Anyone fished the river near Butte Falls? I've never been there but see there's a boat ramp at Casey state park to access the river. I was wondering if the river has any depth there as I don't have a drift boat and wanted to use my aluminum boat.

T
the salmon kid
some spots on the bends are pretty low but for the most part it is decently deep but rite now the are not letting a lot of water out so it will be really shallow

O
ol tymer
OK, thanks. Guess I won't be dragging my boat over there. You seem to be pretty knowledeable about that area. Do you know of any place on the river where you can fish from an aluminum boat (18 ft) for steelies or salmon?

E
eat, sleep, fish
The upper river is very low right now and I imagine you would be dragging in a few spots. If you wanted to do a float the drift from Valley of the Rogue State Park to the city of Rogue River would be a decent float. The upper river is also restricted to flies only right now while the float I just mentioned is open to any method of fishing for steelhead.

I live right across the river from Valley of the Rogue and have seen quite a few drift boats going by and have heard of some success.

T
the salmon kid
ya like eat, sleep,fish said they are only letting 900ft out of lost creek rite now and it is pretty shallow and Vally of the rogue down to rogue river is a awesome spot for steelies and it is pretty deep there i just this weekend i took my boat down to tueville in my 12 ft lake boat and unless you have a shallow water engine you will have a hard time getting up. but floating is no problem