Rogue help

OREGON FISHING FORUM

jamisonace

Most Featured
I'd like to bank fish the rogue this afternoon and in the morning. I brought drift and bobber gear. I can be anywhere around grants pass up to shady cove. Any recommendations?

GaryP1958

I dont know whats running right now but I did spend some time there back in 2013. There is a park below the Dam just above Shady Cove some nice access but I believe when I went it was springers! I will warn you the locals there are deeks and snaggers and one group of 10 will take over the upper park area and they are a hostile bunch! I almost went toe to toe with 5 of them but if push came to shove well I am not a small guy! The Rogue is a tough river but the fish concentrate up below the dam. They chased a 75 yo old teaching his 12 yo grandson how to fish OFF! I was pissed but just left not worth a war!

jamisonace

Most Featured
Thanks Gary. I've been to that park. Yeah, snag fest. Tonight I went to Griffin park at the advice of a friend. Good looking water but no fish. Also, no other fishermen. I think that says something. Tomorrow I'll probably head up above shady Cove but I'm not sure if the fish have gotten that far yet.

GaryP1958

Whatever you do dont get a hankering to go up 260 to the coast! People die up that road every year buried under 5 feet of snow very bad road up there!

jamisonace

Most Featured
I'm down here working so I'm driving the Camry....not going off road too much. Thanks for the input.

jamisonace

Most Featured
I saw trucks on that rock bar but I was on the other side of the river. Wasn't sure how to get over there. Looks like a good spot.

Whatever you do dont get a hankering to go up 260 to the coast! People die up that road every year buried under 5 feet of snow very bad road up there!

Top Bottom