Rogue anglers series of September

T
the salmon kid
this is just a small clip of the video to see it all and the rest of the fish we got last month go to YouTube - cTFM17's Channel
just so you know that fish was revived and swam away perfectly fine

J
JeannaJigs
Mannn, i'm glad you released it, but a suggestion...don't give nates or any fish you plan on release, the fist of fury! It's just not nice. Reduces the chance of survival by A LOT. yeah he may have swam away, but for how long?

Just something to think about next time.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
^^^X2!!

T
the salmon kid
did you guys like the vids on you tube most all of the fish where old but they all put up a good fight and all went back in the river sorry it took so long to get them uploaded i really haven't had the time to put them all on the computer with it being hunting season and all,.,. and if you liked the videos please feel free to comment on them good or bad i just want some feed back on the videos thanks,

this weekend i will try to make some steel head fly fishing videos but im gona have to catch the fish first.,.. wish me luck

T
Thuggin4Life
no comment

P
Phil_Bud
WOW!!! You should handle and revive your fish better. Are you afraid to get wet? When I hook one you can't keep me out of the water.

M
michigan_transplant
I really admire your enthusiasm for catching fish. I might recommend showing a little more respect for them though.

B
beaverfan
Holy crap that hurts just looking at it. 20 bucks says that fish died within an hour.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Stop!!

Stop!!

salmon kid;
Did you read these posts or ignore them like the others? You need to STOP and THINK about how you are handling our fish!! :mad: When you jam your fist into the gills you are murdering the fish you so kindly release. :mad: It would be like one of us jamming an apple down your throat and shoving your butt into the river. You would be dead in the time it took us to walk back to the car. Catch on! :mad: Treat the fish with respect and release it to live and reproduce.

T
the salmon kid
after it went belly up i walked out there and revived it for like 10 min until it was ready to go if you watch some of the other videos, all of the fish swam away fast and strong i have a lot of respect for the fish i catch and i try not to touch the gills as much as possible if a fish doesn't look like it is doing so good i will sit there and revive it until it kicks off on its own.

i know how you feel Ive seen a ton of people at the river just throwing the fish head first into the river and it pisses me off to,, so i know how you feel,.,,and ive seen people snag old salmon and cut them oped for the eggs //just to let you know every single fish i got was released alive and well //

T
the_intimidator03
All this "flaming" for fist of fury with no offer of an alternative method? Thought we came together to help each other. I see this as an opportunity to inform the OP on fish handling.

What i think is being said is there are other ways to handle a fish to be released that does less harm/risk than what you are doing.. I do commend you on releasing the fish BUT i think everyone has an issue with the added risk to that fish that you did by reaching into the area of the gills regardless of wether you touched them or not. I do think it is an un neccessary risk. To better handle fish for release is to put one hand behind the tail like you did and the other under the body to support it. I figure instead of rant about fist of fury to you, I would let you know what i see from what everyone else is saying and give you an alternative method for handling your catch to be released that is less damaging to a fish. Again i commend you on releasing that native and doing a great job catching fish.

Last edited:
T
the salmon kid
if you watch my videos you will see that i only handle that 1 fish that way all others where like you said one hand on the tail and one under the body and,. i am sorry for handling the fish that way i was care less.,. all i wanted was to show the fish to the camera and then release it ,.that was the first fish i got that day and i should of thought more about the fish than about the camera the only one i handled like that if you guys don't believe me watch my videos, all of the fish where handled with one hand on the tail and one under it so a am sorry fellow offers i will try to think more about the fish than about making a video.

T
the_intimidator03
that is the only video i had seen. therefor i didn't know if you knew of other ways to better handle the fish. I am glad you do know and realize your mistake.

B
beaverfan
C
colbypearson
i know what you guys are saying but i know chad personally and hes a great guy, dedicated too....although he may jump the gun on throwing fish back or this "fist of fury" its alright im sure he can take the advice of one person...... just a thought im sure he is learning everything is a process and the few posts i have read have all seemingly involved personal attacks just like the salmon he got a week or so ago that he kept, he took all the b-s comments about eating an old fish like a man and in an adult manner, i commend you for that!!! i know its hard to come on here and see every other thing is somewhat negative and although i completely understand what all of you are trying to say, i am saying give him a chance im sure he will improve but a simple reminder gets taken to far too often, its all good chad nice post i enjoy your videos, work on gettin those fish back strong and lively if no one else wants to eat an older salmon they dont have too and shouldnt comment (other post) atleast not more than once....i hope you all take this with a grain of salt give him a chance im sure he will improve. Thanks for the consideration, Colby :)

Last edited:
S
SantiamDrifter
He looks like a young kid, probably still in high school. So Im betting he hasnt had very much on your own experiences to learn from. As he get's older I hope he takes the lesson's learned from this site, other sites, other fisher people and the lessons learned the hard way and grows from them to become a better fishermen.

The point im trying to make is monkey see monkey do. All the snaggers and flossers, the poor handling of fish, All the things we look down upon today comes from learning by example. Young kids see other people doing it and emulate.

So hopefully he takes better care in the future. And trust me kid, there are many ways to help land and handle native fish. It takes practice to get good at.

p.s. If by chance you get another video/picture of you not handling fish in the best mannor, My advice would be not to show it. I know you want to show off every fish you catch but as you grow up you'll see its more about being with the fish then the numbers of fish you bring home.

B
beaverfan
SantiamDrifter said:
He looks like a young kid, probably still in high school. So Im betting he hasnt had very much on your own experiences to learn from. As he get's older I hope he takes the lesson's learned from this site, other sites, other fisher people and the lessons learned the hard way and grows from them to become a better fishermen.

The point im trying to make is monkey see monkey do. All the snaggers and flossers, the poor handling of fish, All the things we look down upon today comes from learning by example. Young kids see other people doing it and emulate.

So hopefully he takes better care in the future. And trust me kid, there are many ways to help land and handle native fish. It takes practice to get good at.

p.s. If by chance you get another video/picture of you not handling fish in the best mannor, My advice would be not to show it. I know you want to show off every fish you catch but as you grow up you'll see its more about being with the fish then the numbers of fish you bring home.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very well said.

T
tnffishman
Man, every time he posts something it seems this happens.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thank you for the insight,Colby. Chad is one heck of a fisher folk,no doubt. We do tend to be a little more protective of our fish than our own members at times.
Chad;
I apologize for jumping so hard,it's not necessary to get so riled up. I realize it would have been better to send a private message and discussed it with you than to smack you around on the open forum. I am sure you will be more aware of handling all your catches from now on.

C
colbypearson
Raincatcher said:
Thank you for the insight,Colby. Chad is one heck of a fisher folk,no doubt. We do tend to be a little more protective of our fish than our own members at times.
Chad;
I apologize for jumping so hard,it's not necessary to get so riled up. I realize it would have been better to send a private message and discussed it with you than to smack you around on the open forum. I am sure you will be more aware of handling all your catches from now on.

its all good, im sure i understand i do it too, although i care about our salmon, trout,steelhead as well im a bass kid and i know what its like to deal with similar situations, like i said i see where everyone is coming from i jsut wanted to point out a re-occuring pattern i have noticed, thanks everyone for understanding....

.instead of judging him we could all give him tips and so on, im 16 and it shouldnt take me to see these things, ya know :D ......

Last edited: