Rod slammin sturgeon!

H
Herefishyfishy
My gal and I went out Saturday for some Sturgeon just above Cape Horn and something happened that I have heard about but never seen before. We were just relaxing on the boat enjoying the beatiful day, hadn't had a bite yet and had been out for about an hour and a half. All of the sudden her rod just slammed down and flattened the rod holder! She grabbed it a yanked back like I taught her and the rod would barely budge! She handed it to me and I started pulling back as hard as could but couldn't get an inch, I thought we had a monster on there! finaly after a few minutes I felt it come off the bottom so I handed her the rod back and she wrestled it up the rest of the way, a 34" er! I'm no veteran but I've caught about 30 sturgeon and I have never felt a shaker pull so hard or have never had them slam the rod like that, goodtimes! About ten minutes after we released it I looked over my shoulder and about crapped when I saw a boat about ten feet from us being pulled down river by an oversized, about 50' from us they finaly got it up; 11'! I had another first the weekend before when I had one come out of the water about 3', I LOVE FISHIN!

F
fishnquest
What a great story. You made my day.

S
SNDSLGR
I dont know what it is that makes them that way but I have had a few just like you say. Caught a 39" last winter that I would have bet my house was an oversize. Gotta love angry little fish.

M
metalfisher76
Cewl man!! That`s a fighter there!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like some fun times!

H
Hawk
That's Grrrrrreaaaaatttt bro & sis.

She was probably holdin' onto a rusty anchor on the bottom

hahahahaha
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like you're a veteran to me. :clap: :clap: :clap: I've only seen sturgeon from afar,and they look like pretty tough customers. I sure wish there were pictures...:D

D
Denduran87
Iv'e hooked in to some real nasty 30"ers and swore they were 10'. The worst one was when the sturgeon rolled in the line and had it wrapped around him i fought it for about an hour between me and my grandfather just to see a 32"er couldn't believe it.