Rod repair

Fummus
Fummus
Anyone know of any sources for replacement top sections for rods? Have a couple broken rods that need new top sections, but haven't had any luck finding replacement sections to purchase. Not talking about tip guide, but actual section for two piece rods.

Troutski
Troutski
What make of rod are we talking about....

Chuck

G
Gulfstream
Contact the Manufacture

Fummus
Fummus
Troutski,
I have a Shimano Scimitar 8'6" Medium/Heavy Fast action, a Lamiglas X11 LX662LS 6'6" Trout/Panfish, and a Plueger Trion 6'6" Medium Action PFGTRIS662M.

Gulfstream,
I have looked online at manufacturers web sites and not found replacement sections, but am planning to call them directly and see if any better luck that way.

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah any shop can repair a tip, or a guide. But I'd think only your manufacturer can replace one-half of your rod. At least with a perfect match that is. And they aren't going to advertise them on their web sites. As they are in the business of selling whole rods; and not selling parts. But they may have parts to sell if you do call them.

Good luck!

Troutski
Troutski
There use to be a guy in Creswell that carried thousands of rod blanks, they made custom rods. Glen Wicks was his name, he helped me out on many occasions.
He seemed to have just about brand of rod you can think of, dont have any contact info for him.

Chuck