Rod/reel/line carp talk!

J
Jdangler xD
Outfitting and older ugly stick 7ft medium action rod with the okuma avenger afb50 with 15lb for carp.
Cheap effective setup I think. Let's hear what works for you guys and talk fishing!

albany,oregon by the way!

F
flocaster
I got myself a 10' medium action Cabela's Whuppin stick for Christmas that I need to get out and try soon. Paired it up with my trusty Pflueger Trion GX-7 that's spooled with 6lb suffix. Same reel and line (freshly respooled of course) I used for them last year.

J
Jdangler xD
Went fishing yesterday, seen a carp right away. 3 hrs no bites, using corn.

F
flocaster
Did they still seem to be holed up fairly deep or did the sunshine we had start bringing them shallower in search of warming surface temps?

M
mosd
Best way to fish for carp aka crab bait is take a heavy rod or salmon rod rigged with braid. Tie a 6/0 treble with a chunk of lead... find a school of them in fernridge res. Enjoy

J
Jdangler xD
flocaster said:
Did they still seem to be holed up fairly deep or did the sunshine we had start bringing them shallower in search of warming surface temps?
They seem to be pretty deep still. Seen one jump none moving close by

F
flocaster
That's pretty much what I figured. As soon as i can afford to go get this years license I'll be out givin' em hell! lol

J
Jdangler xD
Got my license and my afb50 should arrive tomorrow.

F
flocaster
Got mine yesterday lol. It's my girls birthday so no fishing today but I'll be givin' em hell tomorrow!

J
Jdangler xD
flocaster said:
Got mine yesterday lol. It's my girls birthday so no fishing today but I'll be givin' em hell tomorrow!
Man I wish I could go out tomorrow, I have classes. Busiest day of the week but we should do a fishing trip sometime for carp ha.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'm down to meet up with some carp anglers and fish, preferably in the Eugene/Springfield area.

F
flocaster
Jdangler xD said:
Man I wish I could go out tomorrow, I have classes. Busiest day of the week but we should do a fishing trip sometime for carp ha.

Throbbit _Shane said:
I'm down to meet up with some carp anglers and fish, preferably in the Eugene/Springfield area.

Sounds good to me! Feel free to send me a PM anytime either of you (or any other carp anglers) want to meet up. I'm free most days for the time being.

J
Jdangler xD
flocaster said:
Sounds good to me! Feel free to send me a PM anytime either of you (or any other carp anglers) want to meet up. I'm free most days for the time being.
Sounds good. Maybe when I graduate in 2045 I will have time -.-"

F
flocaster
Jdangler xD said:
Sounds good. Maybe when I graduate in 2045 I will have time -.-"

Ouch... lol

J
Jdangler xD
F
flocaster
Anybody in the Eugene/Springfield area want to meet up in the next few days for a little carp action?

J
Jdangler xD
flocaster said:
Anybody in the Eugene/Springfield area want to meet up in the next few days for a little carp action?
I have to take my puppy to the vet in Springfield Wednesday. Could ask the boss if we have time lol

F
flocaster
Jdangler xD said:
I have to take my puppy to the vet in Springfield Wednesday. Could ask the boss if we have time lol

Sounds good, get back to me and we will try to work something out. On a side note, I made it out for about 3-4 hours this afternoon. No fish, one solid takedown about 4:15 but the hook didn't find home so my season starts 0-1 in favor of the fish

J
Jdangler xD
flocaster said:
Sounds good, get back to me and we will try to work something out. On a side note, I made it out for about 3-4 hours this afternoon. No fish, one solid takedown about 4:15 but the hook didn't find home so my season starts 0-1 in favor of the fish
Well still headed to Springfield. Will ask the boss still but I'm not sure we will have time. She has a class later and I have hw. I can make a drive Sunday possibly to fish if weather outlook is good

F
flocaster
Jdangler xD said:
Well still headed to Springfield. Will ask the boss still but I'm not sure we will have time. She has a class later and I have hw. I can make a drive Sunday possibly to fish if weather outlook is good

Sunday sounds good to me