T
Timber
Any reports? How's the water level?

T
Timber
Anybody out there?

S
susqwahanna
Have not been there in years. Since the campground prices went through the roof and rude ATV'ers run you off the road.

G
gonefirefighting
it was stocked with legals in may, water level is stable and hasnt changed much, will drop in aug but you will be fine until then.

C
cavdad45
Stopped by yesterday. Water levels are high and clear. It's about 15 feets from the top of the dam. Lots of little trout following lures. Bass populations are coming back since the attempted ODFW poisoning about 6 years ago. The bass that are there look like little footballs with fins, but getting one much over twelve inches is tough (although a twelve incher will weigh in just shy of 2 pounds, here).

T
Timber
Went last Friday and trolled around for a couple of hours before casting for bass. Fishing was very slow and all my tried and true flatfish methods from a few years back failed. Two guys flyfishing caught a couple and another guy in a boat caught two on bait just drifting in the wind. I guess I should have went Thursday. Water level is fine but beginning to drop an eensy bit. There is now a $6.00 parking fee to use the launch at the day use area and the Wasco County gendarmes showed up to enforce it. You can now use electric trolling motors which is good for old codgers like me bad back and all. When I got back to the launch area, one of my boat trailer tires was almost flat (only flat on one side of the tire though). Went to Wamic and pumped it up. Slow fishing, but fun anyway with a couple of bald eagles sitting in a snag and a nice buck in velvet on the drive over.