Road trip to San Francisco, fishing involved!! :D

M
mahmichael
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are going to San Francisco from Corvallis Saturday morning. We're taking 101 highway and I want to catch as much fishing as I can during the trip. I'll be limited to fish in Oregon cause I don't have a California fishing license.
So all suggestions on where to fish are welcome. I'll be catching rivers and lakes close to the highway. I might try the ocean (if I now where to go!) too. So please recommend places and I promise to post pictures of the places that we go. ;)
I'll probably go after trout using a spinning rod (with spinners and spoons). We'll start our trip Saturday morning and go to Fern Ridge lake as our first stop, and we want to reach SF Sunday before darkness.

cor to SF.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
You won't find any trout in Fern Ridge, but maybe some bass.

And you better focus on lake fishing...as ALL SW zone streams (including tidewaters and bays) are CLOSED to trout angling!

You might also get some bass, at Tenmile lakes (on the south end of the town of Lakeside).

Have fun on your trip. Looking forward to some nice pics!

Last edited:
Admin
Admin
mahmichael said:
My girlfriend and I are going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair ;)

Reactions: mahmichael
E
eat, sleep, fish
troutdude said:
And you better focus on lake fishing...as ALL SW zone streams (including tidewaters and bays) are CLOSED to trout angling!

Well not all of the streams are closed. The Rogue is open to trout and all the other rivers are open for steelhead. All of them have winter steel in them right now, and fishing is a little slow. If we get some rain between now and your trip, it should be great though.

If you're wanting to hit the Rogue for trout/steelhead take the drive up to Agness.

Reactions: mahmichael
troutdude
troutdude
Anatoliy said:

ROTFL!!! You know our culture quite well my friend!

troutdude
troutdude
eat said:
Well not all of the streams are closed. The Rogue is open to trout and all the other rivers are open for steelhead. All of them have winter steel in them right now, and fishing is a little slow. If we get some rain between now and your trip, it should be great though.

If you're wanting to hit the Rogue for trout/steelhead take the drive up to Agness.

I stand corrected. But, wouldn't you need a steelie tag this time of year...even if you're "trout" fishing?

M
mahmichael
Anatoliy said:

I'll have some flowers in my hand, won't that be enough?! :D

ESF: Thanks.
TD: Thanks, I have steelhead tag.

How about ocean? will there be something to spend a little time and have fun? ;)

T
Team CF
Everything is so slow right now you might as well just spend quality time with the GF. Bass are gonna next to impossible to catch with any consistency and if you do hook up don't expect a fight.