Riverside

K
koboabe
I keep reading about your luck at riverside, but on google maps the park looks really small.

are the best holes upstream from the boat ramp?

Y
youngbuck307
well i know there is a hole up from the boat ramp but down from it about a just past were the parking lot ends there are 3 big trees about 30 feet from each other and fish will hold for a second between the first 2

A
ArcticAmoeba
The park reaches all the way up to the second turn in the River above the launch. The top side,above the first corner is the most productive holding water for Summer Steelhead.

K
koboabe
thanks for the quick replies...
I am going out there this weekend (hopefully before Sunday)
do you think Riverside if more productive than McIver right now?

I live in lower NE Portland so its not too far for me, but Riverside is quite a bit closer than McIver

C
cchinook
McIver

McIver

they are in there now !! Dog Creek , the Bathroom Hole , Gauge Hole , Barb's Hole and in front of the dam - see you there boy's -

Y
youngbuck307
so how far up the river will fish go????? going to go camp on the upper part above promontory on sat night and going to bring a poll because i know there is trout up there i have seen them befor.... but is there any salom/steelhead maybe on the drive back on sunday we will hit a lil lower but im going with the EX and dog so dont know how much time ill have to fish just want to have everything i need.... but if there is steelhead or salmon above the dam im just bring my gear for that.. sorry new to salmon/steelhead so dont know were to fish that much...

J
just1nook
cchinook said:
they are in there now !! Dog Creek , the Bathroom Hole , Gauge Hole , Barb's Hole and in front of the dam - see you there boy's -

Haven't fished up at McIver before, would you mind describing the location of the various chinook holes? and is the best bite at daybreak? Shrimp cocktail is your preffered offering right?
Thanks

P
PDXKush
I may see you on Sunday after the B-Ball game -2-3pm ish upstream from the boat ramp about 1/2 mile @ the top of the drift. Peace

A
ArcticAmoeba
The Dam Hole...

K
koboabe
word, I Might be at Riverside on Sunday.
I went yesterday from about 6pm till dark, but I didn't even get a bite.

I met someone named Ben in the parking lot who had been fishing there all day with a couple folks, they got skunked too
there was a dude in a boat who came down stream to our hole, turned his boat into the rapids and immediately caught a large fish.
he got the fish to thrash on the surface for a moment and then he lost it.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Ill be on job at there as well. Gonna use my early hour, and hopefully be out by sun up.

Sounds good right?:cool:

P
PDXKush
On job? You work @ The Hole?

F
Fishtopher
Ya. I get paid to fish. My wife pays me to get the hell outta her house.:lol:

P
PDXKush
LMFAO....Classic right there. You gotta love it. Peace

K
koboabe
Fishtopher said:
Ill be on job at there as well. Gonna use my early hour, and hopefully be out by sun up.

Sounds good right?:cool:

Any luck this weekend?