riverside... this weekend

N
ninja2010
okay, i'm posting it...

one and all OFF bankies invited... riverside park this weekend. who's coming?

i'll try to peel out of bed and hit the water as early as humanly possible for this aging ninja. gonna be trying yarnballs, and practicing more drifting. but i'll also have my spinner rod for some quick thumping action as a change-up.

if you see this asian guy an olive drab brimmed hat and two rods looking like he knows what he's doing but not catching feeesh, give us a shout out.

hope to meet more OFFers. see you guys out there.

P
PDXKush
I'll be there as well on Saturday Ninja as early as can be and will try to fish all day but I may be going to Drano Lake in Washington in the afternoon to try my luck at springers. I'll be practicing my casting and driftin and running corkies and yarn some spinners and salmon roe. Going to be a beautiful day I hear :) Should be a ton of fun. See you all there. I guess we'll wait to hear how Blair Witch performed tomorrow and decide what drift to start @. Look out for the fat boy in tha Camo Hat.

J
just1nook
Wish I could join the party but gotta coach a soccer game, and go to a bday fest.

River will be droppin so the bite should be on!

P
PDXKush
I played sweeper/keeper for 13 years just1nook. I was red carded in my final game of my career for pushing some kid who smacked me in the mouth. I loved soccer. My camp counselor growing up was Cobi Jones. Good Luck in your sons game.

P
plunkme
ill try to get out there on saturday from sunrise for a few hours then i might go do some pikeminnow fishing a couple of friends want to try and make some money :D look for an asian guy with a grey fishing vest the looks like a beginning:cool: thats meee!

M
mgdguy
Going to try to stop by at some point in the morning to meet some OFFers and check out this hole for the first time.

If you see two short white guys that look like they might be related - it's me and my little brother :lol:

M
mgdguy
I just noticed that the height and flow readouts are still pretty high.... :rolleyes:

C
chodathug
Hey you guys,
I'm new to this forum. Nice to meet ya'll! I grew up in Eugene fishing the Mckenzie but just started fishing the Portland area (Clack is my hood) and have been hittin Riverside and High Rocks 3 or 4 times a week after work. I haven't had much luck yet, but a bunch of fun. Just wanted to say hi and you guys will probably see me around out there. Another asian dude, wearing a digi camo fishing pack. Good luck this weekend everyone!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to OFF!

Welcome to OFF!

chodathug said:
Hey you guys,
I'm new to this forum. Nice to meet ya'll! I grew up in Eugene fishing the Mckenzie but just started fishing the Portland area (Clack is my hood) and have been hittin Riverside and High Rocks 3 or 4 times a week after work. I haven't had much luck yet, but a bunch of fun. Just wanted to say hi and you guys will probably see me around out there. Another asian dude, wearing a digi camo fishing pack. Good luck this weekend everyone!

chodathug;
Welcome to what has to be the very best in fishing forums. You are not alone in your quest on the Clackamas. As you probably already know,we have quite a few members in your area. They fish that area regularly so you shouldn't have trouble finding at least one out there on a weekend. Remember to come back and post your success story with pictures,if you can. We love pictures! Be safe.
Barb

F
FishSchooler
just1nook said:
Wish I could join the party but gotta coach a soccer game, and go to a bday fest.

River will be droppin so the bite should be on!

Sorry for the hijack... but what team?

P
PDXKush
So was out there today and the river was nasty. Very high very nfast and very muddy. I'm going to wait till this next week to try to make it to the hole as blair witch has become a river. Actuallly got out and did some awesome trout fishing with Osmosis and Fish finger. Had a great day. Sorry Ninja. Maybe Sunday it will be nice enuf to fish. Good luck everyone.

F
FishSchooler
I will be doing soccer tryouts. :cool:
Good luck...

M
mgdguy
PDXKush said:
So was out there today and the river was nasty. Very high very nfast and very muddy. I'm going to wait till this next week to try to make it to the hole as blair witch has become a river. Actuallly got out and did some awesome trout fishing with Osmosis and Fish finger. Had a great day. Sorry Ninja. Maybe Sunday it will be nice enuf to fish. Good luck everyone.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm sleeping in tomorrow ;)

J
just1nook
PDXKush said:

Did Dan actually catch a fish:D

Schooler: Its a Girls U9 team... don't think you heard of em.

P
PDXKush
Dan definitely caught a fish and I believe it was the biggest of the day.

O
osmosis
dan caught several fish, but that one I got at the second pond was the fat kid of the day.

C
chodathug
Raincatcher said:
chodathug;
Welcome to what has to be the very best in fishing forums. You are not alone in your quest on the Clackamas. As you probably already know,we have quite a few members in your area. They fish that area regularly so you shouldn't have trouble finding at least one out there on a weekend. Remember to come back and post your success story with pictures,if you can. We love pictures! Be safe.
Barb

Thanks Barb!
Hope to meet some folks out there then! And hope to have some pics to post in the near future! :D

P
PDXKush
My mistake brother. Just so everyone knows...Osmosis picked them off everywhere we went. Dude has special fishing powers. It's an amazing thing to watch. Thanks for spending the day with me guys and showing me so much.

I went out today @ Drano Lake in Washington and got myself a nice Chinook..Borderline Jack/Adult size. Prolly weighed 5-7 pounds. The coolest thing was that I had a witness from the site "Kodiak" All I remember was him hooting and rooting me on from behind on the rocks. Kodiak..Lets get together and do soem fishing asap. Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out but we will in the future as you are my good luck charm. The crazy thing was I said Hi to him for the first time about 5 minutes before I caught this fish. I lost another one earlier in the day...Was on the line for about 3 seconds but spit my damn hook. Here's some pics...

BTW....I will be @ Riverside Park tomorrow. I'll try and be there by 10am but I may just have to sleep in as I'm on no sleep and see you all there around 11-12pm.

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
Frog on!!!

Frog on!!!

Damn Kush I am getting blisters on my digits congratulating you on your epic fishing er..... catching successes. Kidding aside it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Sorry I didn't post up sooner. I too had a major sleep debt I had to repay.

Friday morning found me on the banks of the Clack facing high flows. While deep in the throws of "fingering" out what offerings I had in my bag o trick would be most efficient for the condition, I head "If I were a bear you'd be dead". Fishydog had totally stalked me..... Stealth style. We spent about am hour working the best drifts we could muster as we made our way back towards the park.

Shortly after getting to the parking lot, a couple more malcontents pulled in. I reconized one rig but it was missing something.. Osmosis minus his sled. He's seen that we were hitting RS and just wanted to stop by and add to our grief; or so he said..lol.

With in minutes Kush strolls over and we start gabbing. Shortly afterwards Osmo extends the offer to check out some private property site he has access to. Damn Skippy, sure I'll tag along and OFF we went. The prime Clack site also suffered from high water conditions so he gave us the choice to either hit EC or, harass some lunker trout in some still water sites.

We visited a total of 4 private lakes. The first one was fairly productive. We all hooked into some nice trout averaging between 12" to 16".

The second set of lakes gave us better shelter from the effects of the wind and that is when things got hysterical. We pitched spinners with moderate success. It wasn't until Osmo broke out the super duper critter thing that the action got blistering. He ran a clinic on the art of still water angling. His largest had to 18"+.

I on the other hand became obsessed with the huge bull frogs that littered the entire bank of the lake. In spite of my super stalking skillz they always seemed to know 30' in advance of my approach. However there was one in particular that thought swimming away a mear 8 feet in the shallows would hide him from my evil eye.

This frog must have been a good 7" across. A monster of a frog to be sure. He (assuming it was a he) wasn't playing along by hitting a spinner so after changing up to a jig I went into irritate mode. As he sat just below the surface, I took the jig head and knocked on its bottom lip.

Suddenly... "FROG ON".... As I began to slowly draw him into the shallower water, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.. The little bugger was working it out and I mean the hook. With his froggy little hands he grabbed the line just ahead of the jig, backed up the hook and spit it out.

I apologize to everyone that I recently lost my vid camera, as this was perhaps the funniest thing I have seen in years.

I wasn't quite screaming like a school girl but, I was gut laughing. Soon Osmo joined me in the "hunt" he too got the frog to take his critter. Osmo actually gave it a good hook set and again.. "FROG ON". Totally to our amazement it managed to create some slack with it's froggy hands and spit the hook again. Friggin hilarious.

The last time I gigged for frogs was when I like 5 or 6 years old. An experience I've never forgotten.

Osmo, thanks for the opportunity to revisit something I hadn't done in years. Too damn funny. The next time you want to go and protect the turtle populations from frog predation; give me shout.

Last edited:
P
PDXKush
Frog Harrasers man !!! Funniest thing ever. Crazy ribbets.

Gonna head out to the Clack after I watch some of the B-Ball game. Hopefully be there before 2. Peace