RIP Delta ponds

F
Finneus Polebender
Man drove by the delta ponds today not a pretty sight , no water ,stripped banks, half the good areas filled with dirt , and roads into most of it. Hope the bass can survive it very depressing to see such a cool local spot so decimated!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Man drove by the delta ponds today not a pretty sight , no water ,stripped banks, half the good areas filled with dirt , and roads into most of it. Hope the bass can survive it very depressing to see such a cool local spot so decimated!

im going through the same thing here at the expo ponds trees being cut down bushes cut out and moved into big piles blank shoreline open into nothing but water.... no more shoreline cover in large areas of some ponds all to make it more angler freindly yet i bet it will be no more overused as it is now ( theyre putting in docks) into ponds a few long casts wide WTF all this unnecisary destruction and reconstruction for something that i am willing to bet wont even be used by many what a mess.......... its a shame and it makes me sick. all to make urban trout fishing more available LOL im going to have to take some heat for that one im sure i just dont think fishing for juvenile 8" stocked trout/baitfish all day is very fun :rolleyes: all i know is when i move out i want to head south leave the slimy bass food up here and chase "ditch pickles" as some may say, down there.... ;)

F
Finneus Polebender
They dont even stock Delta anymore use to years ago when I was a kid . This is all being done for bird watchers and turtles hear they will make it off limits to fishing like the back part cause of the endangered turtles . All i know is they have just made it ten times more friendly for the homeless campers and I agree theyve spent millions on so called improvements that wont have any effect on the number of people that use it . Oh except me, not too sure I will spend anymore time there too depressing. Who knows I hope I am wrong and they continue to allow fishing although with all the destruction and opening of the banks I fear for the fishery there!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
They dont even stock Delta anymore use to years ago when I was a kid . This is all being done for bird watchers and turtles hear they will make it off limits to fishing like the back part cause of the endangered turtles . All i know is they have just made it ten times more friendly for the homeless campers and I agree theyve spent millions on so called improvements that wont have any effect on the number of people that use it . Oh except me, not too sure I will spend anymore time there too depressing. Who knows I hope I am wrong and they continue to allow fishing although with all the destruction and opening of the banks I fear for the fishery there!

i feel for ya and know how it is sickening, hey look on the bright side atleast you have some acess to private waters that arent exposed to these variables cherish that for sure..... it definitely sucks.

F
Finneus Polebender
Yep the Gods smiled down upon me on that one found this place just in time !

H
halibuthitman
this is oregon guys.... just go pick two five gallon buckets of blackberrys and spread em all over the banks... poof... one year and your brush is back, and as for the futer of your ditch pickles... by the way, most of your pickles look like they were made out of blue ribbon fair winning cucumbers.. the 30# kind.. the state of california has run one of the most aggresive decimation campaigns in history against the pickles in sierra lakes, and have found out that bass are like herpes.. once you got em... well.. you know. anyway im sure it will pan out in the end-

C
colbypearson
halibuthitman said:
this is oregon guys.... just go pick two five gallon buckets of blackberrys and spread em all over the banks... poof... one year and your brush is back, and as for the futer of your ditch pickles... by the way, most of your pickles look like they were made out of blue ribbon fair winning cucumbers.. the 30# kind.. the state of california has run one of the most aggresive decimation campaigns in history against the pickles in sierra lakes, and have found out that bass are like herpes.. once you got em... well.. you know. anyway im sure it will pan out in the end-

hahaha true its just annoying

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:

LOL. sorry "ditch pickles" makes me laugh every time i hear it. and i second what brad said. the blackberry thing works my buddy does that to his ponds he leaves an area about 15 feet wide clear to put his raft or tube in works great to make cover for fish. add some lily pads and a few small trees and you have "ditch pickle heaven" dont forget to add the frogs for em to munch on!

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
LOL. sorry "ditch pickles makes me laugh every time i hear it. and thats exactly what my friend does to his pond. they get blackberries and other wild stuff and spread it on the banks and they would end up with a lot of cover for their fish.

idk black berries are good for fry i guess but dont offer the kind of cover i am thinking of i like laydowns and bushes like cotton wood's more so than black berries, witch are more like a wall with small holes

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Amazing how man screws up the perfection God gave us to begin with!!! Crazy...

H
Hawk
brandon4455 said:
LOL. sorry "ditch pickles" makes me laugh every time i hear it. and i second what brad said. the blackberry thing works my buddy does that to his ponds he leaves an area about 15 feet wide clear to put his raft or tube in works great to make cover for fish. add some lily pads and a few small trees and you have "ditch pickle heaven" dont forget to add the frogs for em to munch on!

& add a goodun crawdad population.:lol::lol::lol::cool: