Riddle me this Batman

T
TimberTodd
So several months ago we received a notice in the mail from C#####t that we may need to replace our cable box due to them upgrading things. I called them and was told that the box was good for a few more years and we were fine. Well now all of a sudden we have channels with sound and no picture. I call C#####t Wednesday and am told we need to change the box. They would ship it to me and all I would have to do is follow the installation directions. I asked them why I had to do this when I was paying for a service. The person told me they could send a tech to do the install but I would have to pay them or I could add the $4.99 a month service plan to our account and have a tech there at no charge. This conversation went down hill fast and they were told to pound sand. I ordered the box and it arrived this afternoon by UPS. C#####t sent a tech to the house within minutes of the box arriving to get things ready outside of the house for me to do the installation of the box. The guy comes to the door and tells my wife we are good to go with the install. Why the heck he couldn't have just brought the box did what needed to be done outside, then hook up the box and make sure things were working correctly is beyond me. I am so glad I was not home when all of this happened today. I wont say how much we give them a month for their bundled plan, but it is a lot. Lets just say I am not impressed with the customer service.

Chromatose
Chromatose
TT, Stream every thing!! Cut the Cable Cord!!! I did a few years ago and have never looked back.

T
TimberTodd
Oh believe me I have tried to talk the wife into dropping all this stuff. Even the daughters have said dump the cable and go with Netflix or something like that. I would be happy with the old antenna we use to have. The new box is now hooked up and we have a remote that you can talk into to change channels:yikes: so sad! Evidently it is now too burdensome to press a button to change channels. Yes I am old school.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Happy Wife, Happy Life...........................:thumb:

troutdude
troutdude
Man, I gave the boot to Comcrap a long time ago. They do NOT know the meaning, of the phrase "customer sevice" (which has been proven, in several published polls). Time; to sever that cord bruddah.

P
pinstriper
There's a reason Number Two took Virtucon out of the toxic chemical business and into cable TV.

F
fish4life
I just recently got rid of Dish network and got a antenna for local channels and Netflix. Plenty of stuff to watch whenever you want. At only $12 dollars a month for four TVs, I'm saving a lot of money.